Pay - Phoenix

Frequently asked questions

I’m having Phoenix payroll issues. What will happen with my taxes?

Tax implications of Phoenix payroll issues from the Canada Revenue Agency

(Information from Canada Revenue Agency Website)

I have an issue related to Phoenix – who should I contact?

You can consult the GCpedia Phoenix Support Guide for Employees for information on support mechanisms*. This will help you determine the nature of the issue and ensure that you are contacting the appropriate support desk.




Technical Support

For questions related to technical/computer issues including:

  • MyKey not working
  • Cannot log into Phoenix
  • Possible system outage or malfunction

Call your Departmental IT Help Desk

Self Sevice Support

For questions related to Phoenix or Compensation Web Applications including:

  • Error messages when using Phoenix self service (e.g. timesheet entry or schedule updates)
  • How to use Phoenix or access online Phoenix support
  • How to locate/access your tax slip or navigate Phoenix
  • Manager not able to see their employee's account

Phone or Email the Compensation Web Application (CWA) Service Desk



Compensation Support

For questions related to your personal pay or payments owed to you including:

  • Missing or incorrect payments received
  • Pay advice (e.g. promotion or compensation-related matters)
  • When you can expect to receive payments (e.g. increments, overtime)

Email your Departmental Compensation Advisor or the Public Service Pay Centre*

*All communication submittd by email to the Pay Centre must be accompanied by a Pay Action Request (PAR) form

 *If you do not have access to internal GCpedia content, you can ask your manager to provide this information.

I have a pay issue – what should I do?

The Public Service Pay Centre and Assistant Deputy Minister (Human Resources-Civilian) websites provide information and step-by-step instructions that employees can follow to resolve their pay issues.

Assistant Deputy Minister (Human Resources-Civilian):  

This website provides information that is specific to DND civilian employees*. It includes instructions on how to report a pay problem, how to complete a pay action request (PAR), how to request an Emergency Salary Advance (ESA), how to request a priority payment on non-basis pay, how to escalate your pay complaint, how to contact the National Civilian Compensation Support Unit (NCCSU), and how to submit a claim for out-of-pocket expenses related to the Phoenix pay system implementation.

*If you do not have access to the Intranet, you can ask your manager to provide this information

Public Service Pay Centre:  

This website provides information on service standards and updates to the Pay Centre’s activities, instructions on how to report a Phoenix pay issue, how to claim out-of-pocket expenses, how to repay overpayments and salary advances, how to claim reimbursement for tax advice, and information on year-end and tax slips for 2016.

It is important to follow the pay escalation process in order to ensure that all necessary steps to report and document the pay issue have been completed. It is also advisable to keep a record of all actions taken and individuals involved in the resolution of the pay issue. If you encounter difficulties in accessing any of the steps in the escalation process, do not hesitate to contact our office.

  • Office operations
    Refer to our Covid-19 update for current information on our office operations.

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: