Record Suspension: Step 2 – Get your Court Information
- 1. Criminal Record
- 2. Court Information
- 3. Military Conduct Sheet
- 4. Local Police Record Checks
- 5. Document to Support Identification
- 6. Schedule 1 Exception Form
- 7. Record Suspension Application Form
- 8. Measurable Benefit/Sustained Rehabilitation Form
- 9. Provide Payment of Processing Fee
- Before you submit your application
Step 2 – Get your Court Information
You must get court information for each of your convictions. This MUST include proof and date of last payment for any fines, victim surchargesFootnote 1, restitution, and compensationFootnote 2 .
Answer questions 1 to 6 on the Court Information Form.
Tip: Make copies of the form in case you need to provide the same information to another court.
Contact the court that heard your case
If you were sentenced in more than one court, you must ask each of them to complete the form.
Give each court a copy of your criminal record and ask them to fill in the section “For Court Use Only”.
Make sure that each court:
- Fills in all of the "For Court Use Only" section of the form;
- Includes proof and date of last payment for any fines, victim surchargesFootnote 1 , restitution, and compensationFootnote 2 ;
- Includes the method of trial for each conviction (either summary, indictable or unknown);
- Includes all of your convictions from that court;
- Signs and dates the form; and
- Includes an official court seal or stamp on the form.
Tip: Ask for extra copies of all court documents. You may need them in the future. It will be easier to get copies now as they may not be available if your record suspension is ordered.
Check that the information on the Court Information Form is the same as your criminal record.
- If the information on the Court Information Form and criminal record do not match, or if the court has a record of conviction that is not on your criminal record, you must ask the court for a Proof of Conviction.
See STEP 1: Proof of Conviction.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: