Parenting Resources and Support
Parents-to-be and parents often need answers to questions they may have about raising their families in a safe and healthy environment. They may also need professional advice and support to help balance the challenges of working while raising children and making sure that children’s needs come first when parents are not living together.
What information is available here?
This section reflects Canada's diversity, cultural practices and values. It will take you to resources where parents may find support and answers to questions that are frequently asked when bringing up children and youth. There is information on child safety, injury prevention, the responsibilities and the best practices of fatherhood, and also material specific to the needs of parents who are raising children in Aboriginal communities across the country.
You may also be interested in:
- Because Life Goes On - Helping Children and Youth Live with Separation and Divorce
- Family-Centred Maternity and Newborn Care: National Guidelines
- What’s Wrong with Spanking?
- National Clearing House on Family Violence
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder Frequently Asked Questions
- Youth Drug Prevention for Parents
- Safe Kids
- Let’s Talk FASD
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: