Guides and Tools - Appointment Framework
The PSC’s Appointment Policy and Appointment Delegation and Authority Instrument (ADAI) were revised and came into effect on April 1, 2016. All previous policies and the associated documents have been archived and are no longer in effect.
These guides are designed to assist human resources advisors and other stakeholders involved in implementing the Public Service Employment Act (PSEA). These guides are intended to be works in progress. They will be updated periodically to remain as accurate as possible.
- Staffing: Hiring Veterans New!
- Assessment of official languages in the appointment process New!
- Hiring from pools – Advertised or non-advertised appointment New!
- Performance Reviews in the Appointment Process
- Cyclical staffing assessment
- Staffing Oversight Reference Tool (SORT)
- Federal Public Service Inclusive Appointment Lens
- Employment Equity – Leveraging Staffing Options for Hiring Managers
- Effective Merit Criteria
- Conditional job offers
- Student Bridging
- Reference List - Organizations' Relationship with PSC and the PSEA
- Self-Declaration Information
- Affirmation of Aboriginal Affiliation
- Public Service Official Languages Exclusion Approval Order
- Guide to the Sub-delegation of Appointment and Appointment-related Authorities - Archived
- Selection for Retention or Lay-Off
- Testing in the Public Service of Canada
- Guide for Assessing Persons with Disabilities
- Guidelines for Fair Assessment in a Diverse Workplace: Removing Barriers to Members of Visible Minorities and Aboriginal Peoples
- Structured Interviewing: How to design and conduct structured interviews for an appointment process
- Structured Reference Checking: A User's Guide to Best Practices
- Best Practices for Unsupervised Testing
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: