Leadership assessment and development
Our multidisciplinary team of executive consultants, psychologists and assessment specialists are here to help you:
- identify strengths and areas for development
- develop your key leadership competencies
- explore career options
- prepare for executive selection processes
Identify strengths and areas for development
Assess your leadership style, personality, interests, values and competencies using leadership assessment tools and personality testing.
Leadership assessment tools
- 360° feedback: get a sense of your reputation
- Simulations: practise and refine your leadership skills in situations often encountered by executives
- Candidate Achievement Record: prepare for the interview stage with strong, specific examples of your work experience that demonstrate your key leadership competencies
Identify your management style, assess your emotional intelligence and learn how to handle leadership derailers such as disengagement, over-confidence, or perfectionism and micro-managing behaviour, through professionally administered psychometric tests.
Develop your key leadership competencies
Develop the 6 key leadership competencies for federal public service executives and senior leaders. Through personalized coaching, we’ll help you to identify tools and opportunities to improve your management and leadership skills.
Explore career options
Create a strategy that leverages your leadership strengths. We’ll help you with:
- career planning, by identifying your needs and interests and creating a career development plan
- advice and guidance to support you in your search for opportunities aligned with your career plan
- networking support, by providing strategies to develop your networking skills, search for job opportunities and build relationships
Prepare for executive selection processes
Showcase your competencies at all stages of the executive selection process. Our executive consultants will coach you, drawing on their practical knowledge of the public service executive environment, from your application to the exam, board presentation and interview.
To help you prepare for executive selection processes, we offer:
- general strategies for executive job applications
- general interview strategies
- support to overcome interview performance anxiety
- information on executive selection board expectations
- interview simulations in front of a panel of executive consultants and counselors, allowing you to:
- practise your answers
- receive constructive feedback on areas to improve
- review a recording of the interview
- support for non-traditional types of interviews, including presentations or character-based interviews
- group workshops on how to prepare for executive board interviews
Executive Counselling Services are cost-recovery services paid for by your employer.
While most of our individual services are based on a $275 hourly rate, a typical budget for our services ranges from $2,000 to $4,000, which normally includes a combination of our leadership assessment and development, leadership challenges and diversity and inclusion services. We’ll help you to select and combine services that best address your personal and career needs.
Visit the Request our services page for information on funding arrangements, costs and payment methods, our policies, and to submit a request.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: