Going digital makes it easy to do your taxes!

Doing your taxes shouldn’t be difficult. This tax season, go digital to make it as easy as possible. Here are some ways our online tools can help you.

Update or verify your personal information – You can easily update your personal information using My Account or the MyCRA mobile web app. If you move or get married, it’s easy to let us know.

Make sure your tax information is up-to-date to protect yourself from frauds and scams.

As well as updating your information, you can view:

Send your return to the CRA – Using certified tax software, you can quickly and securely send your completed tax return to us. There are a variety of options to choose from, some of which are free!

Avoid mistakes by automatically filling in parts of your return – Use Auto-fill my return to quickly and easily fill in parts of your return with the information we have on file. If you are fully registered for My Account, you can use Auto-fill my return with all of the certified software options.

Change a current or past year’s return – If you filed online and need to change your tax return, ReFILE can help. Using the same software you used to file, ReFILE lets you send adjustments to the CRA for returns from the last three years. Don’t forget to wait for your notice of assessment prior to using ReFILE.

Access your notice of assessment (NOA) instantlyExpress NOA allows you to view your NOA in your certified tax software, right after the return has been received and processed by the CRA, seconds after filing.

Protect yourself with CRA email notificationsEmail notifications help you keep track of your account. It also helps prevent fraud by sending you emails when you have mail from the CRA, your address or direct deposit information has been changed, or if paper mail from the CRA was returned.

Pay any balance owed – We’ve made it easier than ever to pay your balance. Using the new “Proceed to pay” buttons conveniently located throughout My Account, you can choose the payment method that works for you with the assurance that the amount will be automatically associated to the balance you want to pay.

Register a formal dispute or objection – If you think the CRA misinterpreted the facts or applied the law incorrectly when your return was assessed or reassessed, you can file an objection.

Easily submit documents to the CRA – You or your representative can easily submit documents online to the CRA through My Account. You can keep your originals, and you’ll receive a confirmation and reference number to use in future communications with us.

For more information, visit canada.ca/cra-electronic-services.


Canada Revenue Agency

Media Relations
Canada Revenue Agency


Page details

Date modified: