Business Registration Online – Eligibility
You can use Business Registration Online (BRO) if you are one of the following:
- a business owner
- a third party requester
- a representative with a RepID or a GroupID
- an individual that employs a caregiver, a babysitter, or a domestic worker
For more information, go to Authorize a representative for your business and Employing a caregiver, babysitter, or domestic worker.
Conditions you need to meet
You can use BRO if you have all of the following:
- valid social insurance number (SIN)
- income tax return filed with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
If you do not have a social insurance number, go to Social Insurance number – Overview.
For more information on if you have to file a tax return and how to get, complete, and send a return, go to Doing your taxes.
Restrictions you need to know
You cannot use BRO if you have any of the following:
- invalid SIN
- income tax return was never filed with the CRA
- GST/HST program account to register for:
- a business located in Quebec
- a non-resident business
- bare trust to register
- corporation income tax account to register for a business incorporated:
- federally with Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada
- provincially in:
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- Nova Scotia
Other ways to register if you cannot use BRO
For more information on other methods for registering other than BRO, go to How to register for a BN or CRA program accounts.
For more information on other methods for registering in the province where your business operates, go to CRA registration and provincial or other federal programs.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: