Business Registration Online – What you can do
1. What you can do
You can use Business Registration Online (BRO) to:
- get a business number (BN)
- register for the four main Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) program accounts
- link to other business online registries for some provincial programs, such as British Columbia, Ontario, and Nova Scotia
CRA program accounts you can register for using BRO
You can use BRO to register for the following four CRA program accounts:
For information about other CRA program accounts that are not found in BRO, go to How to register for a BN or CRA program accounts.
After getting your BN and registering for any of the four main CRA program accounts, BRO lets you transfer to one of the three provinces listed below that have an online business registry service.
Once you click the Transfer button, you will leave BRO to connect to one of the three provinces. These provinces may charge a fee to register for a provincial program account. If you pay by credit card, the province does not give your credit card information to the CRA.
For more information, go to:
- British Columbia – OneStop Business Registry
- Ontario – ServiceOntario – Business services
- Nova Scotia – One Business - One Number
Under subsection 241(4)(l) of the Income Tax Act, with your consent, we may share the following business information with our provincial partners:
- business number
- business name
- business address
- business phone and fax numbers
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: