Amending individual records

After filing your TFSA annual information return, you may notice an error on a TFSA individual record. If so, you will have to prepare an amended individual record to correct the information. When submitting an amended individual record, send the entire record and not just the portion that needs amending.

Amended records are shown in an XML file with report type code "A".

The three possible report type codes are as follows:

An amended return can contain amended or cancelled records, but it cannot contain original records.

Do not send an amended record if you are modifying a contract number. For more information, see Cancelling individual records.

The summary and T619, Electronic Transmittal record, must show report type code "A", not "O". 

The file must be in XML format.

For more information on how to amend records electronically, go to Internet file transfer (XML) and select "How to Amend Returns using Internet File Transfer (XML)."

To file amended individual records electronically, go to Electronic filing methods.

You can download rejected records using the "Download rejected TFSA records" service at:

Related topics

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: