Notice of assessment: Refund or balance owing

Getting a refund

By direct deposit

If you have direct deposit, we deposit your refund directly into your bank account. Your notice should show the amount. Keep your notice or statement for your records.

Set up or change direct deposit

By cheque

If your notice includes a cheque and the amount is correct, you can cash the cheque at any time.

If you think the amount is incorrect, review the information on your notice for any mistakes. If you find a mistake, go to How to change your return and find out how to ask for an adjustment.

Having a balance owing

If your notice says you owe money, make a payment to the Canada Revenue Agency.

No refund or balance owing

If your notice says no refund or balance owing, it may be because:

Page details

Date modified: