Tax refunds: When to expect your refund

How you file affects when you get your refund

The Canada Revenue Agency's goal is to send your refund within:

These timelines are only for returns that the CRA receives on or before their due date.

Refunds may take up to 16 weeks if you live outside Canada and file a non-resident personal income tax return.

The CRA may take longer to process your return if your return is selected for a more detailed review.

If you use direct deposit, you could get your refund faster.

Why haven’t you received your refund?

The CRA may keep all or part of your refund if you:

Interest on your refund

The CRA will pay you compound daily interest on your 2022 tax refund. The calculation will start on the latest of the following three dates:

For more information, see Prescribed interest rates.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Date modified: