Defence Team News – July 21, 2020
Defence Team News - July 21, 2020
Now on the Maple Leaf
COVID-19: You are encouraged to visit the Defence Team COVID-19 Information Page for the latest information pertinent to both civilian and military Defence Team members. You can also find all of the latest information for all Canadians on the COVID-19 page on Canada.ca.
The Canada COVID-19 app is a central resource for accessing personalized, trusted, evidence-based information about the COVID-19 pandemic across Canada. Download it for the most up-to-date information, recommendations, and resources.
- Return to the Workplace Orientation Template
This Orientation Package was developed to equip teams with the necessary tools and information to guide staff returning to the workplace/office. Respective individuals and teams across Defence are encouraged to modify and tailor it to best support and address their needs regarding this transition.
- Tools for the Defence Team to support Business Resumption
- Vacation Leave during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Defence Team, send us your questions about resuming work!
- For more information, check out these resources:
Messages for the Defence Team
- Civilian Employees: Compensation Web Applications and Web Accessibility
- Civilian Employees: Overpayments and their effect on personal tax returns (2016 or prior)
- Attention managers of civilian DND employees: July 31 is the deadline to close 2019-20 year-end performance management assessments
- Getting answers on civilian employee performance management – one point of contact for client service
- Your Ask Anything: COVID-19 questions answered: Balancing childcare with business resumption; training courses; and PPE
- Recommended Public Health Measures and Personal Protective Equipment
- DM/CDS joint directive - DND/CAF COVID-19 public health measures and personal protection
- Mandatory course for all personnel: The COVID-19 Awareness Course is now available on the Defence Learning Network (DLN). To access the DLN please visit the appropriate site based on your connection:
- DWAN/DVPNI: http://dln-rad.mil.ca/login-lien/index-eng.jsp
- Home Internet: https://dln-rad.forces.gc.ca/login-lien/index-eng.jsp
Once you have logged on, perform a ‘catalogue search’ for “COVID” and you will see the result “COVID-19 Awareness / Sensibilisation à COVID-19 MITE 122255”. Choose it and click register. The course should take between 60-90 minutes to complete.
Defence Team COVID-19 – Mental health and Wellness
The outbreak of COVID-19 has resulted in a high degree of uncertainty and disruption to our lives, and it is not unusual to feel a heightened degree of anxiety and worry about the potential impact on yourself and your family. As we continue to navigate through this uncertain time, Defence Team members can access a variety of resources and information to help maintain and improve our mental health and overall personal well-being.
The Canadian Military Journal – Summer 2020
- COVID-19: The Canadian Armed Forces and Canadian Defence Policy
- Canadian Armed Forces: A New Vision for the Reserves
- By, With, and Through: The Value of Capacity Building Operations to the Canadian Armed Forces
- Leveraging Allies Regarding Artificial Intelligence: The Critical Link between the Commercial and the Defence Industry
- The Need for Intelligence Education
- The Mental Health Risks Associated with Remotely Piloted Aircraft Operations
- Discover Series
The Digital Academy's Discover Series is a suite of foundational courses introducing new mindsets, skills and techniques to help public servants succeed in the digital era.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: