Employment Insurance information for employers
You can complete the following tasks online:
Employment Insurance Supplemental Unemployment Benefit Program
Employers can use a Supplemental Unemployment Benefit (SUB) plan to increase their employees’ weekly earnings when they are unemployed due to a temporary stoppage of work, training, illness or quarantine.
Payments from SUB plans that are registered with Service Canada are not considered as earnings and are not deducted from employees’ EI benefits.
Employment Insurance Premium Reduction Program
The EI Premium Reduction Program allows employers to pay EI premiums at a reduced rate if their employees are covered by a short-term disability plan that meets the requirements of the legislation.
Employer Contact Centre
You can contact the Employer Contact Centre for:
- Guidance about the Record of Employment (ROE);
- Requesting paper ROE orders;
- Technical support for ROE Web and Grants and Contributions Online Services;
- Report on Hirings support;
- Work-sharing support;
- Automated Earnings Reporting System support;
- Assistance with the Temporary Foreign Workers Program (excluding jobs in Quebec, but including In-home caregivers in Quebec); and
- Information about Job Bank for employers in British Columbia, Quebec, and Saskatchewan
For other enquiries about EI, you can visit Employment Insurance benefits.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: