Employment Insurance information for employers
You can complete the following tasks online:
Employment Insurance Supplemental Unemployment Benefit Program
Employers can use a Supplemental Unemployment Benefit (SUB) plan to increase their employees’ weekly earnings when they are unemployed due to a temporary stoppage of work, training, illness or quarantine.
Payments from SUB plans that are registered with Service Canada are not considered as earnings and are not deducted from employees’ EI benefits.
Employment Insurance Premium Reduction Program
The EI Premium Reduction Program allows employers to pay EI premiums at a reduced rate if their employees are covered by a short-term disability plan that meets the requirements of the legislation.
Employer Contact Centre
You can contact the Employer Contact Centre in order to obtain:
- Advice and guidance about issuing Records of Employment (ROE)
- Paper ROE forms
- Technical support for:
- Grants and Contributions Online Services (GCOS)
- ROE Web
- Data Gateway support for:
- Automated Earnings Reporting System (AERS)
- Report on Hirings (RoH)
- Temporary Foreign Worker Program’s Global Talent Stream
- Work-Sharing Program
- Information about the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP)
- Information about Job Bank for Employers in British Columbia and Quebec
- Information on the Work-Sharing Program
For other enquiries about EI, you can visit Employment Insurance benefits.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: