Trade in protected species: application forms
The Canadian Wildlife Service (CWS) invites all applicants to continue to submit their CWS permit applications through the regular channels during the COVID-19 outbreak. While CWS will continue to strive to meet the published service standards, we would like to advise applicants that they may experience delays in obtaining a decision.
Note to all applicants
Service standards for Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES) permits can be found online. Please note that when incomplete applications are received, the permit office will notify the applicant and the application processing will be "paused" or "suspended" until all the missing information is received.
All the Canadian CITES application forms are undergoing revisions and modernization in response to public feedback. The revised forms are focused and contain the specific questions appropriate for the permitting situation. Instruction sheets are also available to help guide the applicant through the form and ensure clarity.
- Animals harvested in Canada or abroad
- Shipments of biomedical samples
- Ginseng and Goldenseal exports
- Re-exports and permit renewals
- Live animal imports or exports
- Plants (live, parts, products, wood and wood products)
If the subset of revised forms does not match your permitting situation, the previously published application forms which are listed below should be used.
- Animals (PDF; 66 KB) (HTML) see revised form above for requests to export or import Live Animals
- Pet Passport - Certificate of Ownership (PDF; 51 KB) (HTML)
- Temporary Movement Certificate (PDF; 63 KB) (HTML)
- Scientific Institution Registration (PDF; 45 KB) (HTML)
- Captive Breeding Operation Registration (PDF; 70 KB) (HTML)
Any comments or questions regarding CITES permit application forms can be directed to CITES Email. Thank you.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: