Application to get, renew or replace a Permanent Resident Card (PR Card)
You need to give your biometrics
You now need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) when you apply for permanent residence if you are from Europe, the Middle East or Africa.
Find out who needs to give biometrics.
Use this application if you:
- did not receive your card within 180 days of immigrating,
- are renewing your card, or
- are replacing a lost, stolen or damaged card.
Before you apply, make sure you are eligible.
This application package includes:
- Instruction Guide [IMM 5445]
- Document Checklist (IMM 5644) (PDF, 2.19MB)
- Application for a Permanent Resident Card [IMM 5444] (PDF, 1.52MB) August 2016
- Photograph Specifications for Permanent Resident Cards (PDF, 614.24KB)
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 648.31KB) September 2015
- Authority to release personal information to a designated individual (PDF, 593.57KB)
- Request form for a Change of Sex Designation (CIT 0404) (PDF, 1.52MB)
- Request for Permanent Resident Card indicating sex designation other than sex shown on foreign travel document (IMM 5543) (PDF, 701.48KB)
Important: We will return your application if:
- it is incomplete,
- it is missing information or documents, or
- your photographs do not follow our specifications.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: