Help reduce the spread of COVID-19
Organization: Public Health Agency of Canada
Date published: 2022-05-24
- COVID-19: Improving indoor ventilation
- COVID-19 mask use: Advice for community settings
- COVID-19: Prevention and risks
- COVID-19: Provincial and territorial resources
- COVID-19: Travel, testing and borders
- List of disinfectants for use against COVID-19
- Public health measures: Videos, factsheets and infographics
As COVID-19 will continue to spread at different levels in communities, it’s important that you:
- stay up to date with your COVID-19 vaccinations
- pay attention to public health alerts and signals in your area
- think about the risks and make informed decisions on the use of individual public health measures
- consult travel advice, advisories and health notices before travelling
Layering individual public health measures helps to protect you and others from COVID-19.
- Stay home when you’re sick or experiencing any COVID-like symptoms, even if mild.
- Rapid tests may be used to identify quickly if you have COVID-19, so you can isolate if the result is positive.
- Wear a well-fitting respirator or mask in public indoor settings, even when not required.
- Improve indoor ventilation in your home or co-living setting.
- Open windows and doors regularly, if possible, even for a few minutes at a time.
- Take actions to ensure your heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system is properly installed, maintained and operational.
- Cough and sneeze into a tissue or the bend of your arm (not your hand) if you’re not wearing a mask.
- Throw used tissues in a plastic-lined waste container and clean your hands right away.
- Clean your hands regularly by:
- washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or
- using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol
- Clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces and objects with approved products.
For more information on COVID-19, visit Canada.ca/coronavirus or contact 1-833-784-4397.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: