Cost Estimates for CAF International Operations - RPP 2013-14
This page has been archived.
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats on the "Contact Us" page.
Cost Estimates for Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) International Operations
|($ Thousands)||FY 2012-13
|Operations||Full DND Cost TOTAL1||Incremental DND Cost 2
|Full DND Cost TOTAL1||Incremental DND Cost 2
|IMATT – OP SCULPTURE (Sierra Leone)3||1,655||675||0|
|MONUC – OP CROCODILE (DRC)4||1,590||519||2,679||1,283|
|UNMISS – OP SOPRANO (Juba, South Sudan)5||3,553||1,702||7,836||4,717|
|UNAMID - OP SATURN (Darfur, Sudan)5||222||56||958||583|
|Arabian Gulf Region and South West Asia|
|OP ATTENTION (Afghanistan Training Mission)6||253,373||144,339||310,126||169,500|
|OP TRANSITION (Afghanistan)7||181,736||113,778||3,349||2,402|
|OP ARTEMIS (Arabian Gulf)8||507,395||41,057||289,055||44,605|
|OP SAIPH (South-west Asia)||0||52||0|
|Americas and the Caribbean|
|OP FOUNDATION (US CENTCOM Tampa/Qatar)||2,251||1,066||2,350||1,113|
|MINUSTAH – OP HAMLET (Haiti)9||1,641||882||7,659||5,105|
|OP KOBOLD (Kosovo)10||1,342||360||2,059||863|
|OP IGNITION (Iceland)11||12,776||210||25,606||1,257|
|Multinational Force & Observers (MFO) – OP CALUMET (Sinai) non-UN||5,053||1,595||5,515||1,872|
|United Nations Truce Supervisory Organization (UNTSO )– OP JADE (Middle East)||1,249||286||1,225||259|
|OP PROTEUS (Jerusalem)12||9,078||4,449||11,387||5,954|
|UNFICYP – OP SNOWGOOSE (Cyprus)||194||43||201||46|
|OP GLADIUS (Syria)||469||90||380||23|
|MENA (Middle East - North Africa)|
|Total: International Operations||1,030,538||323,859||722,454||273,488|
|Est UN/MFO revenue to DND||Est UN/MFO revenue to DND|
** Due to rounding, totals may not add up to totals as shown.
NOTES: Cost Estimates for CAF International Operations for RPP 2013-14
- Full DND Cost is the sum of incremental cost plus the salaries of Regular Force personnel, equipment depreciation, command and support cost, as well as the operating cost of some major equipment, such as aircraft, that are within normal planned activity rates and, therefore, had not been included in incremental cost.
- Incremental DND Cost is the additional costs for personnel and equipment that are directly attributable to the Canadian Armed Forces operation. More specifically, incremental costs include the additional cost to deploy troops and equipment and to provide ongoing maintenance and support during the applicable operation, in addition to any specialized training required for the operation. DND does not include the full capital acquisition cost of major equipment in incremental cost, unless procured specifically for the mission with no life expectancy post operation, as this equipment will not be used in other CAF operations.
- Op SCULPTURE terminates 31 March 2013.
- Op CROCODILE (DRC) is lower than expected for FY 2012-13 because of a temporary manning reduction. Manning expected to return to mandated levels FY 2013-14.
- Op SOPRANO / Op SATURN - Increases in forecasts based on a review of Canada's engagement in Sudan and South Sudan.
- Op ATTENTION - Increase expected due to logistical activities and personnel support in preparation for mission termination in March 2014.
- Op TRANSITION - Reflects revised plan for reconstitution activities.
- Op ARTEMIS - FY 2012-13 - Full costs reflect ship in theatre for full fiscal year, operation is extended to 31 October 2013.
- Op HAMLET - In addition to normal HAMLET commitment, Canada will add a platoon as part of the Brazilian Battalion in FY 2013-14.
- Op KOBOLD - Manning approval was doubled and duration of Op extended.
- Op IGNITION - Incremental cost increases expected due to a larger scheduled commitment to NATO in FY 2013-14.
- Op PROTEUS - Increases in commitment for FY 2013-14.
- Op METRIC - Incremental cost increases expected for Canada's commitment in this region for FY 2013-14.
- OTHER - Includes support contracts covering various missions.
- Revenues/Recoveries - Revenues related to Multinational Force and Observers for FY 2012-13. For FY 2013-14, revenues are expected to be received from United Nations African Union Mission in Darfur.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: