Defence Team News - June 2, 2020
Now on the Maple Leaf
Defence Team News - June 2, 2020
Messages from the DM and CDS
This week's highlights
You are encouraged to visit the DND/CAF COVID-19 Information Page for the latest information pertinent to both civilian and military Defence Team members.
You can also find all of the latest information for all Canadians on the COVID-19 page on Canada.ca
The Canada COVID-19 app is a central resource for accessing personalized, trusted, evidence-based information about the COVID-19 pandemic across Canada. Download it for the most up-to-date information, recommendations, and resources.
Weekly DTMN Virtual Coffee Chat
The Defence Team Managers Network (DTMN) has invited ADM(IM) to present on IM/IT related topics for the next DTMN virtual coffee chat.
Details: Thursday, June 4, 2020 – 1330-1500hrs EST
Zoom virtual meeting: For dial-in information, please email the Defence Team Manager’s Network.
COVID-19 general info
Mandatory course for all personnel
The COVID-19 Awareness Course is now available on the Defence Learning Network (DLN). To access the DLN please visit the appropriate site based on your connection:
- DWAN/DVPNI: http://dln-rad.mil.ca/
- Home Internet: https://dln-rad.forces.gc.ca/login
Once you have logged on, perform a ‘catalogue search’ for “COVID” and you will see the result “COVID-19 Awareness / Sensibilisation à COVID-19 MITE 122255”. Choose it and click register. The course should take between 60-90 minutes to complete.
- 7 things you didn’t know about Defence O365
- STATSCAN Survey: Impacts of COVID-19 on Canadians – Trust in Others
- Working remotely – Guidance and resources for the Defence Team members
- A message for the Defence Team from the Deputy Minister for Public Service Accessibility: Happy National AccessAbility Week!
Messages to the Defence Team
Canadian Armed Forces Day 2020 Virtual Concert
Join us on 7 June at 7:00 p.m. EDT for CFMWS presents Canadian Armed Forces Day 2020 Virtual Concert powered by BMO. Performers to be announced on Wednesday 3 June at Canadian Forces Morale & Welfare Services.
- Changes to the deadlines for timesheet submissions and approvals for basic pay in Phoenix for the Defence Team
- Defence Team Civilians: Stay Updated on Pay and Benefits Through Social Media
- No ceremony? No problem: The Celebrating Excellence Awards are going virtual for 2020!
- Defence Team Civilians: Great-West Life is now Canada Life
Defence Team COVID-19 – Mental health and Wellness
- “Love Who You Are” - LifeSpeak Spring Campaign and COVID-19 Expert Blog for All Defence Team Members
The outbreak of COVID-19 has resulted in a high degree of uncertainty and disruption to our lives, and it is not unusual to feel a heightened degree of anxiety and worry about the potential impact on yourself and your family. As we continue to navigate through this uncertain time, Defence Team members can access a variety of resources and information to help maintain and improve our mental health and overall personal well-being.
As the public service gets ready to welcome a new cohort of summer students, managers and supervisors must prepare them to work as part of a virtual team. New learning paths are now available to guide the successful integration of students into the virtual work environment.
In case you missed it
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: