Defence Team News - June 9, 2020
Now on the Maple Leaf
Defence Team News - June 2, 2020
Messages from the DM and CDS
The Maple Leaf
National Public Service Week 2020
- Recommended Public Health Measures and Personal Protective Equipment
- DM/CDS joint directive - DND/CAF COVID-19 public health measures and personal protection
- Mandatory course for all personnel
The COVID-19 Awareness Course is now available on the Defence Learning Network (DLN). To access the DLN please visit the appropriate site based on your connection:
Once you have logged on, perform a ‘catalogue search’ for “COVID” and you will see the result “COVID-19 Awareness / Sensibilisation à COVID-19 MITE 122255”. Choose it and click register. The course should take between 60-90 minutes to complete.
Messages to the Defence Team
- DND celebrates National Public Service Week 2020 – A message from the Defence Team Champion
- Restorative Engagement Program
- No ceremony? No problem: The Celebrating Excellence Awards are going virtual for 2020!
- Information for Defence Team Civilians: Update on the Phoenix damages agreement – Final day of leave
Defence Team COVID-19 – Mental health and Wellness
The outbreak of COVID-19 has resulted in a high degree of uncertainty and disruption to our lives, and it is not unusual to feel a heightened degree of anxiety and worry about the potential impact on yourself and your family.
As we continue to navigate through this uncertain time, Defence Team members can access a variety of resources and information to help maintain and improve our mental health and overall personal well-being.
Defence Team Managers’ Network (DTMN)
- Join the Defence Team Managers’ Network
Weekly DTMN Virtual Coffee Chat: You are invited to our next virtual coffee chat. Join experts: Lynn Messenger, A/Manager, National Civilian Welcome and Integration Team; Jason Parks, Director, General Safety (D Safe G); and Joanna Langley Van der Veer, Corporate Advisor, Office of Disability Management as they discuss Onboarding.
Details: Thursday, June 11, 2020 – 1330-1500hrs EST
Zoom virtual meeting: For dial-in information, please email the Defence Team Manager’s Network.
- In accordance with the Joint CDS/DM Directive for the Resumption of Activities, all DND and CAF managers who manage civilian employees must complete the Establishing Effective Virtual Teams (X175) course by NLT 15 July, 2020. The course duration is approximately 30 minutes.
- Civilian Managers: Please complete the course through the Canada School of Public Service (CSPS) GCCampus (available off of the DVPNI). Should you have any questions or require further information, please contact the Defence Team Managers Network at P-OTG.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Military members who manage civilians: Please complete the course through the Defence Learning Network (DLN) (available on or off of the DVPNI). Should you have any questions or require further information, please contact: CAF.RegistrationRequiredTraining@forces.gc.ca.
- GCCampus: As the public service gets ready to welcome a new cohort of summer students, managers and supervisors must prepare them to work as part of a virtual team. New learning paths are now available to guide the successful integration of students into the virtual work environment.
In case you missed it
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: