Defence Team News - June 2, 2020
Defence Team News - June 16, 2020
Now on the Maple Leaf
- Your questions answered: Workplace measures, self-isolation requirements, and more
- Business Resumption resources for Defence Team members
- Deputy Minister, Jody Thomas highlights important details around the Defence Team's Business Resumption (video)
- VCDS on how Business Resumption may not mean business as usual for the Defence Team (video)
- Joint CDS/DM Directive for the Resumption of Activities
- Defence O365: A Beyond 2020 Success Story
- For more information, check out these resources:
National Public Service Week 2020
- Statement by the Prime Minister on National Public Service Week
- Prime Minister Trudeau's message on National Public Service Week (video)
- A message from the Clerk of the Privy Council for National Public Service Week
- Minister of National Defence video message for National Public Service Week 2020 (video)
- DND celebrates National Public Service Week 2020 - A message from the Defence Team Champion
- A video message from the National Public Service Week Champion, Simon Page (video)
- A few words to young professionals from DND's National Public Service Week Youth Champion, Patrick Bickerton (video)
- Defence Team “Virtual Shout-Out” Bulletin Board
- Recommended Public Health Measures and Personal Protective Equipment
- DM/CDS joint directive - DND/CAF COVID-19 public health measures and personal protection
- Mandatory course for all personnel: The COVID-19 Awareness Course is now available on the Defence Learning Network (DLN). To access the DLN please visit the appropriate site based on your connection:
- DWAN/DVPNI: http://dln-rad.mil.ca
- Home Internet: https://dln-rad.forces.gc.ca/login
- Once you have logged on, perform a ‘catalogue search’ for “COVID” and you will see the result “COVID-19 Awareness / Sensibilisation à COVID-19 MITE 122255”. Choose it and click register. The course should take between 60-90 minutes to complete.
Defence Team COVID-19 – Mental health and Wellness
The outbreak of COVID-19 has resulted in a high degree of uncertainty and disruption to our lives, and it is not unusual to feel a heightened degree of anxiety and worry about the potential impact on yourself and your family. As we continue to navigate through this uncertain time, Defence Team members can access a variety of resources and information to help maintain and improve our mental health and overall personal well-being.
- Information for the Defence Team: Power Chats on Mental Health in the Workplace
- Tips for Defence Team Members to Help Prevent and Manage Compassion Fatigue
- Ask the Expert: Getting fit during physical distancing
- LifeSpeak article
- June is Recreation Month
- Canadians' mental health during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Canadian Perspectives Survey Series 2: Monitoring the effects of COVID-19, May 2020
Defence Team Managers’ Network (DTMN)
- Join the Defence Team Managers’ Network
- Weekly DTMN Virtual Coffee Chat: You are invited to a special edition on Awards and Recognition during National Public Service Week. For this week’s session we are fortunate to have our Defence Team Managers’ Network Co-Chair, Mr. Mario Paquette and our departmental Champion for Awards and Recognition, Mr. Claude Rochette, Associate Deputy Minister of National Defence.
Details: Thursday, June 18, 2020 – 1430-1530hrs EST
Zoom virtual meeting: For dial-in information, please email the Defence Team Manager’s Network.
- In accordance with the Joint CDS/DM Directive for the Resumption of Activities, all DND and CAF managers who manage civilian employees must complete the Establishing Effective Virtual Teams (X175) course by NLT 15 July, 2020. The course duration is approximately 30 minutes.
- Civilian Managers: Please complete the course through the Canada School of Public Service (CSPS) GCCampus (available off of the DVPNI). Should you have any questions or require further information, please contact the Defence Team Managers Network at P-OTG.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Military members who manage civilians: Please complete the course through the Defence Learning Network (DLN) (available on or off of the DVPNI). Should you have any questions or require further information, please contact: CAF.RegistrationRequiredTraining@forces.gc.ca.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: