Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada as a Visitor
Wildfires in British Columbia
Special measures are in place to help those affected by the wildfires, including free replacement of citizenship and immigration documents. Read the notice.
This application package includes:
- Document Checklist [IMM 5558] (PDF, 289.24KB) February 2017
- Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Visitor or Temporary Resident Permit Holder [IMM 5708] (PDF, 477.39KB) October 2017
- Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union [IMM 5409] (PDF, 636.51KB) April 2015
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 648.31KB) September 2015
- Instruction Guide [IMM 5551]
Use this application if you are a temporary resident who is already in Canada and you want to:
- extend your stay,
- change the conditions of your stay or
- correct problems with your status.
It is important to apply for the change before your current status expires.
New: You now have two options to apply to change conditions or extend your stay in Canada as a visitor.
Help for option 2
- Filling out the form on a computer is easier than filling it out by hand. It reduces the risk of mistakes that can slow down the application process.
- Having trouble downloading the form? Right-click the link and select “Save Target As ”
To make sure you submit all the pages of the form with your application package, follow these steps.
- Click the “Validate” button at the top or bottom of the form.
Note: Validating the form before printing makes sure that you have answered all the questions. This will help you to avoid delays in processing your application.
- A last page with barcodes and a signature line will automatically be created.
- Print, sign and date the form.
- For best results:
- print on white, bond-quality, non-glossy paper and
- use a laser printer.
- Place the barcode page on top of your package. If you have more than one package, place a separate barcode page on each one.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: