Extend or change the conditions on your work permit: If you can’t apply online
Most people have to apply online to extend their stay in Canada as a worker. There are some people who may not be able to apply online.
Apply on paper to extend or change the conditions on your work permit (because of a disability) (problem with the online application)
Follow the steps below to apply on paper to extend your stay as a worker.
Step 1: Get the application package
This package includes the application guide and all the forms you need to fill out.
Read the guide before you fill out the application form:
Tips for downloading and completing the forms
- You can fill it out and save it using a computer.
- You’ll need Adobe Reader 10 or higher.
- Filling out the form on a computer is easier than filling it out by hand.
- Having trouble downloading the form? See, “How do I download and open a PDF form?”
- Document Checklist [IMM 5556] (PDF, 1.55 MB)
- Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker
- Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union [IMM 5409] (PDF, 636.51KB)
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 648.31KB)
If you have questions about the forms, find answers to your questions in the Help Centre.
Step 2: Prepare your application package
Make sure you submit all the pages of the form.
- Click the “Validate” button at the top or bottom of the form.
- This makes sure that you answered all the questions in the form and will help you avoid processing delays.
- A new page with barcodes and a signature line will automatically be added at the end of your form.
- Print, sign and date the form.
- Print on white, bond-quality, non-glossy paper.
- Use a laser printer.
- Place the barcode page at the top of your package. If you have more than one package, place a separate barcode page on each one.
Step 3: Pay your application fees
In most cases, your fees will include processing fees for you and anyone you include on your application
Our instruction guide can help you understand which fees apply to you and show you how to pay them.
Step 4: Submit your application
Submit your completed application to the address given in the application package. Make sure you include the fee receipt and all the necessary documents.
If you can’t apply online or use the forms above because of a disability, you can ask for other formats including large print and braille. Contact the Client Support Centre (in Canada only) or submit a Web form for other formats.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: