Starting to work - Learn about your taxes

Your opinion matters!

These pages were designed to help people like you learn about taxes. We’d like to invite you to share your experience to help us improve these pages for others. It should only take a few minutes to complete the short survey.

Why you need a social insurance number (SIN), when to fill out a TD1, and what’s on your pay stub and T4 slip.


Why you need a SIN or a tax number

What a SIN is, getting one for work purposes, what to do if you don’t qualify for one, and keeping it safe.

Time to complete: about 4 minutes


When to fill out a Form TD1, Personal Tax Credits Return

What the purpose of a TD1 form is, why you want to fill it out, and being aware of special circumstances.

Time to complete: about 5 minutes


What's on your T4 slip

Your T4 slip is one of the documents you’ll need to file your taxes. Get an overview on the main parts of the slip.

Time to complete: about 5 minutes

Quiz: Starting to work

Take the quiz after you’ve finished all the lessons for: Starting to work.

Start the quiz

Your quiz results:

  • You answered 0 out of 6 questions correctly
Date modified: