Indicators supporting the Federal Sustainable Development Strategy
This page presents the Canadian Environmental Sustainability Indicators that support the 2022 to 2026 Federal Sustainable Development Strategy (FSDS). The indicators are provided under the FSDS aspirational long-term goal they link to.
Goal 2: Support a healthier and more sustainable food system
Providing a healthier and more sustainable Canadian food system.
- Greenhouse gas emissions from Canada’s agricultural sector (updated April 2023)
Goal 6: Ensure clean and safe water for all Canadians
Restoring freshwater ecosystems and ensuring clean and safe water for Canadians.
Goal 11: Improve access to affordable housing, clean air, transportation, parks and greens spaces, as well as cultural heritage in Canada
Promoting public transit and active transportation, providing access to affordable housing, maintaining and improving air quality, and helping Canadians get out in nature.
Goal 12: Reduce waste and transition to zero-emission vehicles
Reducing waste and transitioning to zero-emission vehicles.
Goal 13: Take action on climate changes and its impacts
Taking action on climate change by reducing emissions of greenhouse gases and short-lived climate pollutants and building resilience.
Goal 14: Conserve and protect Canada’s oceans
Recognizing that Canada's coasts and oceans are facing pressures, the focus of this Goal is on conserving and protecting Canada's ocean.
Goal 15: Protect and recover species, conserve Canadian biodiversity
Protecting and recovering species and conserving Canadian biodiversity.
- Canada's conserved areas (updated June 2023)
- Species at risk population trends (updated January 2023)
- Population status of Canada's migratory birds (updated December 2019)
- Sustainability of timber harvest (updated August 2022)
- Canadian species index (updated September 2023)
- Ecological integrity of national parks (updated November 2022)
- General status of wild species (updated January 2023)
- Trends in Canada's bird populations (updated December 2019)
- Date modified: