Module 2: Banking
Canada has many financial institutions, including banks, credit unions, caisses populaires and trust companies. They offer a variety of services with different fees for each service. It's sometimes hard to know how to make the best use of them. This module will show you how to get the banking services you need at the best price. It will help you protect yourself from identity theft and other types of fraud. In it, you will learn:
- what are the basic services that financial institutions offer
- how to choose the type of banking account you need
- what your rights and responsibilities are when using a financial institution
- how to keep your accounts safe
- what to do if you think someone may be using your account illegally.
Throughout the module, you will find learning tools that you can use now and in the future:
- an online account selector that compares the features and costs of banking accounts in your province or territory
- an interest calculator that lets you estimate how much you can earn with a savings plan
- videos that give you tips on getting the most from your banking services
- a checklist to help you identify the type of account you need
- an action plan of steps to help you manage your banking services.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: