The ABCs of military postings
Review CANFROGEN 049/20 – Active Posting Season 2020 Direction in Response to COVID 19 for new direction on APS 2020.
Review CANFORGEN 52/20 – Compensation and leave entitlements in relation to COVID-19 and The Maple Leaf article for new direction on changes to the Canadian Forces Relocation Program Directive, temporary duty, leave, release, dependent education, evacuation, and pay.
Getting on the road to sound financial, housing, and military life decisions for Canadian Armed Forces members and their families
- If the information in this document differs from the official policy approved by the Treasury Board, the official policy will prevail.
- This information focuses on military postings. It is based on Compensation and Benefits Instructions (CBI) Chapter 208, and the Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program (CFIRP) Directive. For information on a move to an Intended Place of Residence, refer to the CFIRP Directive - Chapter 14.
- This information is meant to help you and your spouse or partner make informed choices. It does not cover all options available to you as a Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) member or family member.
- You should discuss any information marked by an asterisk (*) with your BGRS service provider for CFIRP moves, or with your orderly room staff for CBI Chapter 208 moves. Have this discussion before making a decision or any financial commitment.
Any information offered by non-Government of Canada sites is not subject to the Official Languages Act. As a result, some information may only be available in the language(s) used by the site(s) in question. The Office of the Ombudsman does not ensure the accuracy, currency, or reliability of the content of those sites. If you have any questions about information contained on these websites, you should consult the source directly.
- Limited service availability
This service is affected by the outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19). Consult the Ombudsman’s message for more information.
Relocation benefits have changed effective April 19, 2018 (CANFORGEN 126/18). For more details on the changes, see the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) Relocation Policy/Benefit Changes for 2018 - Questions and Answers.
The service delivery model for relocation services has changed as of December 1, 2017 - The New Service Delivery Model for the Canadian Armed Forces Relocation Program.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: