The ABCs of military postings
Getting on the road to sound financial, housing, and military life decisions for Canadian Armed Forces members and their families
- If the information in this document differs from the official policy approved by the Treasury Board, the official policy will prevail.
- This information focuses on military postings. It is based on Compensation and Benefits Instructions (CBI) Chapter 208, and the Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program (CFIRP) Directive. For information on a move to an Intended Place of Residence, refer to the CFIRP Directive - Chapter 14.
- This information is meant to help you and your spouse or partner make informed choices. It does not cover all options available to you as a Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) member or family member.
- You should discuss any information marked by an asterisk (*) with your BGRS service provider for CFIRP moves, or with your orderly room staff for CBI Chapter 208 moves. Have this discussion before making a decision or any financial commitment.
Any information offered by non-Government of Canada sites is not subject to the Official Languages Act. As a result, some information may only be available in the language(s) used by the site(s) in question. The Office of the Ombudsman does not ensure the accuracy, currency, or reliability of the content of those sites. If you have any questions about information contained on these websites, you should consult the source directly.
- Contact us
- We are ready to help.
- Call us toll-free at
- Secure complaint form
- Live chat
- Online booking tool
- General Inquiries
- Telephone: 613-992-0787
- Facsimile: 1-877-471-4447
- Email: email@example.com
- Mailing address
Office of the Ombudsman
100 Metcalfe Street, 12th Floor
Relocation benefits have changed effective April 19, 2018 (CANFORGEN 126/18). For more details on the changes, see the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) Relocation Policy/Benefit Changes for 2018 - Questions and Answers.
The service delivery model for relocation services has changed as of December 1, 2017 - The New Service Delivery Model for the Canadian Armed Forces Relocation Program.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: