The ABCs of military postings
COVID-19 CONTAINMENT AND ITS IMPACT ON CAF MEMBERS AND THEIR FAMILIES
- Frequently Asked Questions about the Annual Posting Season 2021 Mitigation Measures for Limited Commercial Removal Services
- CANFORGEN 028/21 CMP 018/21 182016Z MAR 21 – APS 2021 Direction in response to COVID-19 and vaccine roll-out,
- CANFORGEN 52/20 – Compensation and leave entitlements in relation to COVID-19,
- CANFORGEN 034/21 CMP 021/21 291450Z MAR 21 - OUTCAN relocation planning in relation to COVID-19 (APS 2021),
- CANFORGEN 035/21 CMP 022/21 291455Z MAR 21 – Domestic relocation planning in relation to COVID-19 (APS 2021)
- and The Maple Leaf article
to learn about changes to the Canadian Armed Forces Relocation Directive, temporary duty, leave, release, dependent education, evacuation, and pay.
Getting on the road to sound financial, housing, and military life decisions for Canadian Armed Forces members and their families
- If information presented in this document differs from the Treasury Board’s official policy, the official policy will prevail.
- This military postings information is based on Compensation and Benefits Instructions (CBI) Chapter 208 and the Canadian Armed Forces Relocation Directive (CAFRD) which came into effect on 1 April 2021.
- You should discuss any information marked by an asterisk (*) with your BGRS service provider for CFIRP moves or with your orderly room staff for CBI Chapter 208 moves before you take any decision. This includes any financial commitment.
- This information will help you and your spouse or partner make informed choices. It does not cover all options that may be available to you as a CAF member or a military family member.
Any information offered by non-Government of Canada sites is not subject to the Official Languages Act. As a result, some information may only be available in the language(s) used by the site(s) in question. The Office of the Ombudsman does not ensure the accuracy, currency, or reliability of the content of those sites. If you have any questions about information presented by these websites, you should consult the source directly.
Date modified : 2021-05-28
- Contact us
- We are ready to help.
- Call us toll-free at
- Secure complaint form
- Live chat
- Online booking tool
- Email us for any information or assistance requests.
- For any other inquiry, email us.
- Mailing address
Office of the Ombudsman
100 Metcalfe Street, 12th Floor
- Mailing address
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: