The ABCs of military postings
Getting on the road to sound financial, housing, and military life decisions for Canadian Armed Forces members and their families
- If information presented in this document differs from the Treasury Board’s official policy, the official policy will prevail.
- This military postings information is based on Compensation and Benefits Instructions (CBI) Chapter 208 and the Canadian Armed Forces Relocation Directive (CAFRD) which came into effect on 1 April 2021.
- You should discuss any information marked by an asterisk (*) with your BGRS service provider for CFIRP moves or with your orderly room staff for CBI Chapter 208 moves before you take any decision. This includes any financial commitment.
- This information will help you and your spouse or partner make informed choices. It does not cover all options that may be available to you as a CAF member or a military family member.
Any information offered by non-Government of Canada sites is not subject to the Official Languages Act. As a result, some information may only be available in the language(s) used by the site(s) in question. The Office of the Ombudsman does not ensure the accuracy, currency, or reliability of the content of those sites. If you have any questions about information presented by these websites, you should consult the source directly.
Thank you for your feedback
Date modified : 2021-05-28
- Contact us
- We are ready to help.
- Call us toll-free at
- Secure complaint form
- Live chat
- Online booking tool
- Email us for any information or assistance requests.
- For any other inquiry, email us.
- Mailing address
Office of the Ombudsman
100 Metcalfe Street, 12th Floor
- Mailing address
- Date modified: