Radiation and your health
Information on radiation, its uses, health effects and safety standards.
Services and information
About radiation, ionizing and non-ionizing radiation, health effects of radiation, exposure to radiation, radiation measurement.
About radon, health effects of radon, reducing radon levels in your home, testing for radon in your home.
Information on radiation emitting devices, legislation and safety codes.
About occupational exposure to radiation, radiation safety codes, radiation guidelines.
Access services to monitor your workplace radiation exposure.
About National Dose Registry, request dose history summary, annual reports on occupational radiation exposure.
About radiological and nuclear emergencies, previous nuclear incidents and accidents, how Canada prepares for nuclear emergencies.
Information on types of radiation surrounding us: EMFs, UV, radiofrequency fields, x-rays, air travel, environmental, etc.
We use and are surrounded by products and devices that give off radiation. How to use them and protect your health.
Ultrasound, medical x-rays, mammography, medical isotopes.
About food irradiation, why irradiate food, what irradiated food is sold in Canada.
About the centre, programs and services, research and contact information.
- Health Canada
- Transport Canada
- Public Safety Canada
- Global Affairs Canada
- Natural Resources Canada
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- National Research Council Canada
- Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission
- Environment and Climate Change Canada
- Employment and Social Development Canada
- National Defence
- Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada
What we are doing
- Consultation on regulations amending the Radiation Emitting Devices Regulations (laser products)
- Consultation on potential amendments to the Radiation Emitting Devices Regulations (Laser Devices)
- Consultation on proposed revisions: Radiation Protection in Dentistry – Recommended safety procedures for the use of dental X-ray equipment (Safety Code 30)
- Date modified: