Publications – Health risks and safety
On this page
- Elder abuse
- Family violence
- Foodborne illness
- Environmental contaminants
- Depleted Uranium
- InLight®OSL Dosimeter
- Summary of Port Hope Health Studies
- Occupational Radiation Exposures in Canada
- Federal Nuclear Emergency Plan Part 1: Master Plan
- National Survey of Canadian Mammographic Facilities
- Diagnostic X-Ray Imaging Quality Assurance: An Overview
- Annual Reports on Occupational Radiation Exposure in Canada
- Radiation Leakage of Before-Sale and Used Microwave Ovens
- An Inexpensive Medical X-Ray Image Quality Control Test Tool
- Summary Report on Fukushima Accident Contaminants in Canada
- Canadian Guide on Medical Management of Radiation Emergencies
- Radiological Assessment of Tsunami Debris - Technical Report Summary
- Radiofrequency in Five Vancouver Schools: Exposure Standards Not Exceeded
- Canadian Computed Tomography Survey - National Diagnostic Reference Levels
- Federal Provincial Territorial Radiation Protection Committee - Three Year Business Plan (2017-2020)
- Federal/Provincial/Territorial Requirements for Dosimetry Services in Canada - Independent Test Specifications for Dosimetry Services: X-Radiation
- Take Action on Radon
- Radon: is it in your home?
- Radon - Reduction Guide for Canadians
- Government of Canada Radon Guideline
- Radon: A Guide for Canadian Homeowners
- Radon - Another Reason to Quit (factsheet)
- Radon - What you need to know (brochure)
- Radon - What you need to know (factsheet)
- Radon Testing in Federal Buildings - Highlights
- Radon / Thoron Survey in Canadian Metropolitan Areas
- Radon: is it in your home? Information for Health Professionals
- Guide for Radon Measurements in Residential Dwellings (Homes)
- Summary Report on Active Soil Depressurization (ASD) Field Study
- Cross-Canada Survey of Radon Concentrations in Homes - Final Report
- Residential Radon Mitigation Actions Follow-Up Study: Public Summary
- Reducing Radon Levels in Existing Homes: A Canadian Guide for Professional Contractors
- Guide for Radon Measurements in Public Buildings (Schools, Hospitals, Care Facilities, Detention Centres)
- Safety Code 6: Limits of Human Exposure to Radiofrequency Electromagnetic Energy in the Frequency Range from 3 kHz to 300 GHz (2015)
- Safety Code 20A. X-Ray Equipment in Medical Diagnosis Part A: Recommended Safety Procedures for Installation and Use, 1980, 101 p.
- Guidelines for the Safe Use of Ultrasound: Part I - Medical and Paramedical Applications (excerpt from Safety Code 23, 1989)
- Safety Code 24. Guidelines for the Safe Use of Ultrasound: Part II - Industrial and Commercial Applications, 1991, 44 p.
- Safety Code 25. Short-Wave Diathermy Guidelines for Limited Radiofrequency Exposure, 1983, 19 p.
- ARCHIVED - Guidelines For Limiting Radiofrequency Exposure - Short Wave Diathermy - Safety Code 25
- Safety Code 26. Guidelines on Exposure to Electromagnetic Fields from Magnetic Resonance Clinical Systems, 1987
- Safety Code 28. Radiation Protection in Veterinary Medicine, 1991, 38 p.
- Safety Code 29. Requirements for the Safe Use of Baggage X-Ray Inspection Systems, 1993
- Safety Code 30. Radiation Protection in Dentistry, 1999, 81 p.
- Safety Code 32. Safety Requirements and Guidance for Analytical X-ray Equipment, 1994, 33p.
- Safety Code 33. Radiation Protection in Mammography: Recommended Safety Procedures for the Use of Mammographic X-Ray Equipment, 1995, 44 p.
- Safety Code 34. Radiation Protection and Safety for Industrial X-ray Equipment, 2003, 55 p.
- Safety Code 35: Safety Procedures for the Installation, Use and Control of X-ray Equipment in Large Medical Radiological Facilities
- Radiation Protection and Quality Standards in Mammography - Safety Procedures for the Installation, Use and Control of Mammographic X-ray Equipment: Safety Code 36
- Canadian Mammography Quality Guidelines
- Noise from Machinery Intended for the Workplace
- Guidelines for the Safe Use of Diagnostic Ultrasound
- Radiation safety awareness guidance for museum staff
- Guidance Document for Cabinet X-Ray Equipment: Guide-001
- Guidelines for Tanning Equipment Owners, Operators and Users, 2017
- Selling Ultrasound Therapy Devices in Canada: What You Need to Know
- Laser Hair Removal - Safety Guidelines for Facility Owners and Operators (FPTRPC)
- Canadian Guidelines for the Management of Naturally Occurring Radioactive Materials (NORM)
- Guidelines for Making Changes to Dose-Related Information in the National Dose Registry
- Technical Guide for Interpretation and Compliance Assessment of Health Canada's Radiofrequency Exposure Guidelines
- How you can identify abuse and help older adults at risk
- What you can do to keep yourself safe from abuse
- What you can do when abuse or neglect is happening to an older adult in your life
- Provincial and territorial child protection legislation and policy - 2018
- First Nations and Inuit Component of Victims of Family Violence Investments
- Canada's Foodborne Illness Outbreak Response Protocol (FIORP): A guide to multi-jurisdictional enteric outbreak response
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: