Defence Team News – September 8, 2020
Defence Team News - September 8, 2020
Now on the Maple Leaf
- REMINDER - The deadline to submit your mandatory flexible work agreement form is September 30!
- Defence Team, send us your questions about resuming work!
- For more information, check out these resources:
- Return to the Workplace Orientation Template
This Orientation Package was developed to equip teams with the necessary tools and information to guide staff returning to the workplace/office. Respective individuals and teams across Defence are encouraged to modify and tailor it to best support and address their needs regarding this transition.
Messages for the Defence Team
National Defence Workplace Charitable Campaign
The Maple Leaf
- Recommended Public Health Measures and Personal Protective Equipment
- DM/CDS joint directive - DND/CAF COVID-19 public health measures and personal protection
- Mandatory course for all personnel: The COVID-19 Awareness Course is now available on the Defence Learning Network (DLN). To access the DLN please visit the appropriate site based on your connection:
- DWAN/DVPNI: http://dln-rad.mil.ca/login-lien/index-eng.jsp
- Home Internet: https://dln-rad.forces.gc.ca/login-lien/index-eng.jsp (User identification and password required.)
Once you have logged on, perform a ‘catalogue search’ for “COVID” and you will see the result “COVID-19 Awareness / Sensibilisation à COVID-19 MITE 122255”. Choose it and click register. The course should take between 60-90 minutes to complete.
Defence Team COVID-19 – Mental Health and Wellness
The outbreak of COVID-19 has resulted in a high degree of uncertainty and disruption to our lives, and it is not unusual to feel a heightened degree of anxiety and worry about the potential impact on yourself and your family. As we continue to navigate through this uncertain time, Defence Team members can access a variety of resources and information to help maintain and improve our mental health and overall personal well-being.
Defence Team Manager’ Network (DTMN)
Join the weekly DTMN Virtual Coffee Chats happening every Thursday from 1330hrs-1500hrs EST. To join our Network please send an email to the DTMN Generic Inbox to ensure you don’t miss out!
Out topic this week is on Occupational Health and Safety
Our experts will be:
- Jason Parks, Director, General Safety (D Safe G)
- Official Languages in the Era of Telework
September 10, 2020 | 2:00 pm to 3:30 pm (ET)
- The New Economy Series: Governing Cross-Border Data Flows
September 11, 2020 | 1:30 pm to 2:45 pm (ET)
- 'The Torch'
- 'The Torch' is a Self-Development Learning Hub designed to reinforce continuous learning among CAF members. It is accessible on both the DWAN and internet. Save the link to your personal device for access anywhere / anytime.
- New information in the 'Upcoming Events' and 'Monthly Defence and Security Outlook' sections.
In case you missed it
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: