Defence Team News - January 19, 2021
Now on the Maple Leaf
Defence Team News – October 20, 2020
- Farewell message from General Vance to the members of the Canadian Armed Forces
- Admiral McDonald’s Flag Hoist Signal
- The deadline to complete the 2020 Public Service Employee Survey (PSES) has been extended until January 29, 2021
- Do you have a question about mental health or personal well-being?
- Call for participants: DM/VCDS virtual Coffee Talk on Bell Let’s Talk Day
- January 15: Twitter Update from the Deputy Minister Jody Thomas
Messages for the Defence Team
- January is #MentoringMonth across the Public Service
- Diversify your work experience and attend DND’s Virtual Career Fair
- Tips for the Defence Team: Keeping Your Personal Finances in the Green and Out of the Red in 2021
- Civilian Employees: Confirm Home/Mailing Address in PeopleSoft and Phoenix
- New claims process for severe personal or financial impacts due to Phoenix
- Ethical Decision Making in Classification
- New Learning and Professional Development Tools for Managers and Employees Now Available on the Intranet and on the HR Go RH App!
- Summary of the 2019 Annual Report of the Public Service Management Insurance Plan (PSMIP)
- Defence Team: Change to Time and Labour cut-offs
- New Mandatory Workplace Harassment and Violence Prevention Training for Defence Team Public Servants
COVID-19 Fall Posture
Web page resources
- Ask anything inbox - your questions answered!
- Resuming work
- Working remotely
- Supervisors' Communications Toolkit
- Look for the Virtual Interactions Etiquette and O365 Onboarding Guides here
- Return to the Workplace Orientation Template
Mental Health and Wellness
Defence Team members can access a variety of resources and information to help maintain and improve our mental health and overall personal well-being.
National Defence Workplace Charitable Campaign
- NDWCC Core Team 50/50 Draws (Accessible only on the National Defence network)
- Events - National Defence Workplace Charitable Campaign 2020
- Support the NDWCC while you shop! FlipGive
‘The Torch’ is a Self-Development Learning Hub designed to reinforce continuous learning among CAF members.
Check out the information in the ‘Theme Portals’ section at link: https://cfc-ca.libapps.com/libguides/admin_c.php?g=709488&p=5055081
New information in the ‘Upcoming Events’ and ‘Monthly Defence and Security Outlook’ sections too.
The Torch is accessible on both the DWAN and internet. Save the link to your personal device for access anywhere / anytime.
- Government of Canada Bell Let's Talk Day 2021
January 28, 2021 | Webcast
- Marquee Moments in Public Service History: The Syrian Refugee Resettlement Initiative (rebroadcast)
February 3, 2021 | Webcast
- Regulatory Speaker Series: Florentin Blanc on International Regulatory Flexibilities During the Pandemic
February 9, 2021 | Webcast
- Marquee Moments in Public Service History: The 2008 Financial Crisis (rebroadcast)
February 12, 2021 | Webcast
- Data Conference 2021: An Integrated Data Community for Building Back Better
February 18 and 19, 2021 | Webcast
- Video – Visible Minorities in the Senior Ranks of the Public Service of Canada: Challenges and Opportunities
For more learning opportunities, please visit Canada.ca/school.
CSPS Virtual Café Series
- Canada and the New US Administration – What Can We Expect?
January 21, 2021 | Webcast
- Lived Experiences of Black Canadians
February 1, 2021 | Webcast
For more details and to register, visit the CSPS Virtual Café Series web page
Weekly Defence Team Managers Network Virtual Coffee Chat
Join the weekly DTMN Virtual Coffee Chats happening every Thursday from 1330hrs-1500hrs EST. To join our Network please send an email to the DTMN Generic Inbox to ensure you don’t miss out!
January is Mentoring Month across the Public Service and we are encouraging managers to participate in the Defence Team Mentorship Program!With an increase in remote work, mentors and mentees can connect through a variety of virtual formats to learn from each other and grow in their professional careers, support learning and development, and feel more engaged and connected. Join us to learn more!
Our experts will be:
- Laurie Gariano, Manager
- Caitlin Comeau, Program Advisor
- Marie-France Marando, System Administrator
In case you missed it
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: