Defence Team News - January 12, 2021
Now on the Maple Leaf
Defence Team News – October 20, 2020
Messages for the Defence Team
- CS, FI, PA groups learn about classification conversion and what it means to you (Video)
- Managers: Your role in reclassification; a question of ethics
- Public Service Employee Survey (PSES) Response Tracker
- Defence Team: Change to Time and Labour cut-offs
- Signing of new Collective Agreements between the Treasury Board of Canada (TBS) and the Public Service Alliance of Canada
- Managers’ Pay Responsibilities Calendar: Improving Pay Outcomes for Civilian Employees
- Nominate your colleagues for a Celebrating Excellence Award!
- Call for Nominations: 2021 APEX Awards of Excellence (Accessible only on the National Defence network)
COVID-19 Fall Posture
- Amendment to the CDS/DM Directive for the Resumption of Sustained Activities in a COVID-19 Environment: What’s New
- Recommended Public Health Measures and Personal Protective Equipment
- COVID Alert App – Do your part and download it today!
Web page resources
- Ask anything inbox - your questions answered!
Defence Team members can access a variety of resources and information to help maintain and improve our mental health and overall personal well-being.
National Defence Workplace Charitable Campaign
- NDWCC Core Team 50/50 Draws (Accessible only on the National Defence network)
- Events - National Defence Workplace Charitable Campaign 2020
- Support the NDWCC while you shop! FlipGive
Canadian Military Journal – Winter 2020-2021
- Insurgency and Counterinsurgency Dynamics in Mali
- Naval Culture, Customs, and Traditions: Perspectives from Members of the Royal Canadian Navy
- The Value of Intelligence Sharing for Canada: The ‘Five Eyes’ Case
- Is Your Organization Truly Innovative?
- Back to the Future? The Tale of Two Trudeaus and Their Defence Policies
- Bringing a Knife to a Gunfight: Canadian Strategic Communications and Information Operations in Latvia, Operation Reassurance 2019-2020
- Mindfulness: Building Resiliency in the Canadian Armed Forces
- The Canadian Way of Remembering War: Canada’s “Conflicted” and “Contested” Memory of the Second World War
Weekly Defence Team Managers Network Virtual Coffee Chat
Join the weekly DTMN Virtual Coffee Chats happening every Thursday from 1330hrs-1500hrs EST. To join our Network please send an email to the DTMN Generic Inbox to ensure you don’t miss out!
Does the thought of staffing making you cringe? Are you at a loss and don’t know where to start? Join us and let us help you navigate the staffing world.
Learn more about talent sourcing strategies, what are your needs and how do we meet them. Learn about staffing flexibilities, what are they and how can they help!
Bring your questions and be ready to chat!
Staffing experts on hand will be:
- Jocelyne Duplantie, Staffing Coach,
- Renée Buccino, Manager Policy and Programs,
- Shabana Khan, Manager, Civilian Recruitment Initiatives
- Nathalie Parent, Manager, National Staffing Operation
‘The Torch’ is a Self-Development Learning Hub designed to reinforce continuous learning among CAF members.
Check out the information in the ‘Theme Portals’ section at link: https://cfc-ca.libapps.com/libguides/admin_c.php?g=709488&p=5055081
New information in the ‘Upcoming Events’ and ‘Monthly Defence and Security Outlook’ sections too.
The Torch is accessible on both the DWAN and internet. Save the link to your personal device for access anywhere / anytime.
In case you missed it
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: