Defence Team News - December 17, 2020
Now on the Maple Leaf
Defence Team News – October 20, 2020
“With heavy hearts, we have learned the devastating news that Master Sailor Duane Earle, a Boatswain with HMCS Winnipeg, is missing. Our thoughts go out to his family, friends, shipmates and the entire RCN and CAF.” JV— General Jonathan Vance (@CDS_Canada_CEMD) December 15, 2020
Rest in Peace, Master Sailor Duane Earle. Our whole Defence Team is here for your family and loved ones in this time of terrible loss. To the whole crew of HMCS Winnipeg: You are loved. Your grief is our grief. We will see you at home.— Jody Thomas (@DMDND_SMMDN) December 16, 2020
(3/4)I don't have words to adequately express the heart wrenching loss we're feeling now, but I do know that as always our way forward is to come together to share love & support as families, friends & shipmates in order to get through. We salute & will always remember you, Duane— VAdm/Vam Art McDonald (@Comd_RCN) December 16, 2020
- DM/CDS Message Regarding New Regulations on Prevention of Harassment and Violence in the Workplace
- New Regulations on Prevention of Harassment and Violence in the Workplace for Defence Team Public Service Employees - Explained
- December 11: Twitter Update from the Deputy Minister Jody Thomas
- Importance of Following Public Health Measures over the Holidays
- The best gift for someone this holiday season is their health COVID-19 guidance for the holidays
- 2020 DM/CDS Holiday Card Contest winner announced!
Messages for the Defence Team
- The Third Independent Review of the National Defence Act and Call for Submissions
- Last chance to nominate a colleague for a Deputy Minister Commendation Wellness Award
- Nominate your colleagues for a Celebrating Excellence Award!
- Improvements coming soon to Assyst - What you should know!
- Participate in the LGBTQ2 Survey and take part in Canada's LGBTQ2 Action Plan!
- Managers’ Pay Responsibilities Calendar: Improving Pay Outcomes for Civilian Employees
- Update: Holiday Season Deadlines to Submit and Approve Timesheets
- Myth-busting Classification
National Defence Workplace Charitable Campaign
- Holiday E-Cards
- Military Personnel Command - NDWCC Virtual Craft Sale
- NDWCC Core Team 50/50 Draws (Accessible only on the National Defence network)
- Events - National Defence Workplace Charitable Campaign 2020
- Support the NDWCC while you shop! FlipGive
COVID-19 Fall Posture
- CDS/DM Directive for the Resumption of Sustained Activities in a COVID-19 Environment (Fall 2020 Posture) – Amendment 2
- Recommended Public Health Measures and Personal Protective Equipment
- COVID Alert App – Do your part and download it today!
Web page resources
- Ask anything inbox - your questions answered!
Mental health and Wellness
Defence Team members can access a variety of resources and information to help maintain and improve our mental health and overall personal well-being.
Security and the Defence Team
The Maple Leaf
- Construction underway on a new facility for The Royal Canadian Dragoons in Petawawa
- National Defence hosts the fourth Seamless Canada roundtable with provinces and territories
- Minister Sajjan participates in the ASEAN Defence Ministers’ Meeting Plus
- One Canadian military member missing from HMCS Winnipeg
In case you missed it
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: