Defence Team News - March 2, 2021
Now on the Maple Leaf
Defence Team News – October 20, 2020
COVID-19: You are encouraged to visit the Defence Team COVID-19 Information Page for the latest information pertinent to both civilian and military Defence Team members. You can also find all of the latest information for all Canadians on the COVID-19 page on Canada.ca.
Messages for the Defence Team
- Nominate a colleague or team for a 2021 Digital Government Community Award
- Winter Webinar series: Tips to avoid burnout at work
- New Standard on Email Signature Blocks
- Join the Defence Team Managers’ Network and get access to a roster of experienced coaches!
- DND T4/Relevé 1 slips available on February 24, 2021
- Student hiring for the summer starts now!
- Public Service Employees: March Pay Deductions
- IM Group Women in STEM – Better Allies: Promoting A Diverse Workforce (Accessible only on the National Defence network)
- Phoenix general compensation damages payments
- Changes to time and labour cut off
COVID-19/Business Resumption Planning
Web page resources
Mental Health and Wellness
Mental Health and Wellness
Defence Team members can access a variety of resources and information to help maintain and improve our mental health and overall personal well-being.
National Defence Workplace Charitable Campaign
‘The Torch’ is a Self-Development Learning Hub designed to reinforce continuous learning among CAF members. Check out the information in the “Opportunities” section at link. PREVIEW Opportunities - The Torch - LibGuides at Canadian Forces College (You are now leaving the Government of Canada website). New information in the ‘Upcoming Events’, ‘Monthly Defence and Security Outlook’ and ‘Other Professional Development Assets’ sections too. The Torch is accessible on both the DWAN and internet. Save the link to your personal device for access anywhere / anytime.
- Update: Workplace Harassment and Violence Prevention Training
- CSPS Virtual Café Series: Talking Space Exploration with Lindy Elkins-Tanton and Sarah Gallagher
March 19, 2021
- icTalks / icCafe — Engaging the community to strengthen our information capacity! (Accessible only on the National Defence network)
- Indigenous Engagement and the Duty to Consult on DND Projects.
Feb 25 & Mar 18 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. EST
The purpose of the sessions is to provide practitioners who are interacting with Indigenous communities with:
- advice for meaningful engagement,
- information on meeting Treaty rights and obligations (legal Duty to Consult),
- examples of cultural protocols,
- tips for meeting preparation in the context of COVID-19,
- guidance on how the Impact Assessment Act integrates with DND/CAF projects.
In case you missed it
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: