Defence Team News - January 26, 2021
Now on the Maple Leaf
Defence Team News – October 20, 2020
- Bell Let’s Talk Day 2021: Join the Defence Team conversation about mental health
- Prepare to take action on Bell Let’s Talk Day
- Guns Out: Vaccine Doses for CAF Personnel
- Message from Deputy Minister Jody Thomas: Call-to-action on Anti-Racism, Equity, and Inclusion
- Message from Deputy Minister Jody Thomas: Public Service Employee Survey deadline is January 29
- January 22 : Twitter Update from the Deputy Minister Jody Thomas
Messages for the Defence Team
- Diversify your work experience and attend DND’s Virtual Career Fair
- Collaborating and Communicating with Defence 365 Questionnaire (accessible only via Defence 365)
- Leave with Income Averaging Deadlines for Summer Holidays
- Nominate your colleagues for the External Awards!
- Ask the Expert: Make your whole day matter!
- Reminder: Workplace Harassment and Violence Prevention Training
- Public Service Employee Survey (PSES) Response Tracker
- Reimbursement of Professional Membership Fees
- Military Spouse Employment Initiative: CK
- Defence Team: Quebec taxable benefits: 2021 rates
- Linguistic (in)security at work – Exploratory survey on official languages among federal government employees in Canada
- January is #MentoringMonth across the Public Service
- 2021 Celebrating Excellence Awards
- Recruiters Wanted! Help grow and diversify our Canadian Armed Forces
- A First-Class Paid Post-Secondary Education: The Regular Officer Training Plan Now Accepting Fall 2021 Applications
COVID-19 Fall Posture
Web page resources
- Ask anything inbox - your questions answered!
Mental Health and Wellness
Defence Team members can access a variety of resources and information to help maintain and improve our mental health and overall personal well-being.
‘The Torch’ is a Self-Development Learning Hub designed to reinforce continuous learning among CAF members.
Check out the information in the ‘Theme Portals’ section at link: https://cfc-ca.libapps.com/libguides/admin_c.php?g=709488&p=5055081
New information in the ‘Upcoming Events’ and ‘Monthly Defence and Security Outlook’ sections too.
The Torch is accessible on both the DWAN and internet. Save the link to your personal device for access anywhere / anytime.
- Government of Canada Bell Let's Talk Day 2021
January 28, 2021 | Webcast
- Marquee Moments in Public Service History: The Syrian Refugee Resettlement Initiative (rebroadcast)
February 3, 2021 | Webcast
- Regulatory Speaker Series: Florentin Blanc on International Regulatory Flexibilities During the Pandemic
February 9, 2021 | Webcast
- Marquee Moments in Public Service History: The 2008 Financial Crisis (rebroadcast)
February 12, 2021 | Webcast
- Data Conference 2021: An Integrated Data Community for Building Back Better
February 18 and 19, 2021 | Webcast
For more learning opportunities, please visit Canada.ca/school.
CSPS Virtual Café Series
- Lived Experiences of Black Canadians
February 1, 2021 | Webcast
For more details and to register, visit the CSPS Virtual Café Series web page
Weekly Defence Team Managers Network Virtual Coffee Chat
Join the weekly DTMN Virtual Coffee Chats happening every Thursday from 1330hrs-1500hrs EST. To join our Network please send an email to the DTMN Generic Inbox to ensure you don’t miss out!
January is Mentoring Month across the Public Service and we are encouraging managers to participate in the Defence Team Mentorship Program! With an increase in remote work, mentors and mentees can connect through a variety of virtual formats to learn from each other and grow in their professional careers, support learning and development, and feel more engaged and connected. Join us to learn more!
In case you missed it
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: