More personal income tax

Get additional information about filing your personal income tax.


Services and information

Important dates

When to file your income tax return and pay a balance owed.

Filing a tax return

Determine whether you should file a tax return.

Getting a tax return

Get the Income Tax and Benefit Guide and forms book.

Completing a tax return

Enter your personal information, report your income, add eligible deductions and enter tax slips.

Sending a tax return

Send your tax return to the CRA by internet or by mail.

How to change your return

Make a change to a tax return you already submitted to the CRA.

Review of your tax return by the CRA

How tax returns are selected for review, types of review, and sending information to the CRA.

How long should you keep your income tax records?

Understand your record keeping obligations.

Complaints and disputes

File a service complaint, file a reprisal complaint, or register a formal dispute.

Interest, penalties, and interest rates

When can interest be charged. Penalties that can be applied. See interest and prescribed interest rates.

Authorize a representative or cancel their authorization

Grant or cancel authorization to a representative, the types of access you can give, and the ways to authorize.

How to get a proof of income statement

Get a proof of income statement (option ‘C’ print) online or by calling the CRA.

Foreign reporting

Reporting obligations for individuals, corporations, trusts, and partnerships.

Help doing your taxes

Find a tax preparation clinic, volunteer, or register a community organization.

Learning about taxes

Learn more about Canada's tax system and how to complete a simple income tax and benefit return.

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: