Defence Team News - October 6, 2020
Now on the Maple Leaf
Defence Team News – October 5, 2020
- DM/VCDS message on Mental Illness Awareness Week
- Joint CDS/DM update on Defence Team COVID-19 Fall Posture
- Defence Team Fall Posture Poll
- Champion’s Message for Women’s History Month 2020
- Cyber Security Awareness Month 2020: Fortifying cyber resilience together
- October 2 : Twitter Update from the Deputy Minister Jody Thomas
Messages for the Defence Team
- Reminder: Mid-Year Review FY 2020-2021
- Managers’ Pay Responsibilities Calendar: Improving Pay Outcomes for Civilian Employees
- Deadline for Student / Casual / Term Extensions – 06 November 2020
- Civilian Employees: Confirm Home/Mailing Address in PeopleSoft and Phoenix
- True Patriot Love Fireside Chat in recognition of Mental Illness Awareness Week
Security and the Defence Team
Canada’s Healthy Workplace Month
- Canada’s Healthy Workplace Month 2020 - A message from the Defence Team Mental Health Co-champions
- National Defence Presents the Virtual Health and Wellness Fair 2020 – October 1 to October 31, 2020
- Submit your nominations for the Canada's Healthy Workplace Month Shout-Out Bulletin Board!
- What’s happening at Defence for Canada’s Healthy Workplace Month
The Maple Leaf
- Defence Team, send us your questions about resuming work!
- For more information, check out these resources:
- Return to the Workplace Orientation Template
This Orientation Package was developed to equip teams with the necessary tools and information to guide staff returning to the workplace/office. Respective individuals and teams across Defence are encouraged to modify and tailor it to best support and address their needs regarding this transition.
- Recommended Public Health Measures and Personal Protective Equipment
- DM/CDS joint directive - DND/CAF COVID-19 public health measures and personal protection
- Mandatory course for all personnel: The COVID-19 Awareness Course is now available on the Defence Learning Network (DLN). To access the DLN please visit the appropriate site based on your connection:
- DWAN/DVPNI: http://dln-rad.mil.ca/login-lien/index-eng.jsp
- Home Internet: https://dln-rad.forces.gc.ca/login-lien/index-eng.jsp (User identification and password required.)
Once you have logged on, perform a ‘catalogue search’ for “COVID” and you will see the result “COVID-19 Awareness / Sensibilisation à COVID-19 MITE 122255”. Choose it and click register. The course should take between 60-90 minutes to complete.
Defence Team COVID-19 – Mental Health and Wellness
The outbreak of COVID-19 has resulted in a high degree of uncertainty and disruption to our lives, and it is not unusual to feel a heightened degree of anxiety and worry about the potential impact on yourself and your family. As we continue to navigate through this uncertain time, Defence Team members can access a variety of resources and information to help maintain and improve our mental health and overall personal well-being.
- Understanding the Human Side of Cybersecurity
October 8, 2020 | 11:00 am to 3:00 pm (ET) and October 9, 2020 | 11:00 am to 12:30 pm (ET)
- ‘The Torch’
‘The Torch’ is a Self-Development Learning Hub designed to reinforce continuous learning among CAF members.
New information in the ‘Upcoming Events’ https://cfc-ca.libguides.com/c.php?g=709488&p=5097594 and ‘Monthly Defence and Security Outlook’ sections.
It is accessible on both the DWAN and internet. Save the link to your personal device for access anywhere / anytime.
In case you missed it
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: