Defence Team News – September 29, 2020
Defence Team News - September 29, 2020
Now on the Maple Leaf
- A new course of action for the 2020 National Veterans’ Week Speakers Program
- September 25: Twitter Update from the Deputy Minister Jody Thomas
- The Your Say Survey: Organizational Effectiveness 2020 is now live for Regular Force members and Primary Reservists!
- The Canadian Rangers' response to COVID-19
Messages for the Defence Team
Security and the Defence Team
The Maple Leaf
National Defence Workplace Charitable Campaign
- REMINDER - The deadline to submit your mandatory flexible work agreement form is September 30!
- Defence Team, send us your questions about resuming work!
- For more information, check out these resources:
- Supervisors' Communications Toolkit
- Return to the Workplace Orientation Template
This Orientation Package was developed to equip teams with the necessary tools and information to guide staff returning to the workplace/office. Respective individuals and teams across Defence are encouraged to modify and tailor it to best support and address their needs regarding this transition.
- Recommended Public Health Measures and Personal Protective Equipment
- DM/CDS joint directive - DND/CAF COVID-19 public health measures and personal protection
- Mandatory course for all personnel: The COVID-19 Awareness Course is now available on the Defence Learning Network (DLN). To access the DLN please visit the appropriate site based on your connection:
- DWAN/DVPNI: http://dln-rad.mil.ca/login-lien/index-eng.jsp
- Home Internet: https://dln-rad.forces.gc.ca/login-lien/index-eng.jsp (User identification and password required.)
Once you have logged on, perform a ‘catalogue search’ for “COVID” and you will see the result “COVID-19 Awareness / Sensibilisation à COVID-19 MITE 122255”. Choose it and click register. The course should take between 60-90 minutes to complete.
Defence Team COVID-19 – Mental Health and Wellness
The outbreak of COVID-19 has resulted in a high degree of uncertainty and disruption to our lives, and it is not unusual to feel a heightened degree of anxiety and worry about the potential impact on yourself and your family. As we continue to navigate through this uncertain time, Defence Team members can access a variety of resources and information to help maintain and improve our mental health and overall personal well-being.
Weekly DTMN Virtual Coffee Chat
Join the weekly DTMN Virtual Coffee Chats happening every Thursday from 1330hrs-1500hrs EST. To join our Network please send an email to the DTMN Generic Inbox to ensure you don’t miss out!
Out topic this week will be on Mid-Year Performance Reviews.
Our experts will be:
- Laurie Gariano, Manager, performance management
- Raluca Muresan, Senior HR Advisor, PM (will provide the update)
- CSPS Virtual Café Series: Climate Change – Where Do We Go From Here?
September 30, 2020 | 11:00 am to 12:00 pm (ET)
- F.A.C.E. Mental Illness Head-on: Stories of Courage, Hope and Resilience
October 5, 2020 | 1:30 pm to 3:00 pm (ET)
- Understanding the Human Side of Cybersecurity
October 8, 2020 | 11:00 am to 3:00 pm (ET) and October 9, 2020 | 11:00 am to 12:30 pm (ET)
In case you missed it
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: