Defence Team News – September 15, 2020
Defence Team News - September 15, 2020
Now on the Maple Leaf
Messages for the Defence Team
- DEFENCE TEAM PARENTS: LET’S TALK.
- Defence Team Managers: Are you looking to onboard or offboard a civilian employee or student?
- Defence Information Technology Plan (Accessible only on the National Defence network)
- Managers: Approving Employee Payable Time
- Managers: Approving Leave for Casual Employees
- Managers: Get Ready for Mapping Blitz 3
- HR-Civ Selected as Finalists for Canadian HR Awards (Accessible only on the National Defence network.)
- Wanted: Nominations for the 2020 Youth/Student Awards!
Security and the Defence Team
The Maple Leaf
Battle of Britain
- Unrealistic expectations: The Luftwaffe’s doomed mission during the Battle of Britain - Part I
- Unrealistic expectations: The Luftwaffe’s doomed mission during the Battle of Britain – Part II
- Unrealistic expectations: The Luftwaffe’s doomed mission during the Battle of Britain - Part III
- History of the Battle of Britain (Accessible only on the National Defence network)
National Defence Workplace Charitable Campaign
- REMINDER - The deadline to submit your mandatory flexible work agreement form is September 30!
- Defence Team, send us your questions about resuming work!
- For more information, check out these resources:
- Return to the Workplace Orientation Template
This Orientation Package was developed to equip teams with the necessary tools and information to guide staff returning to the workplace/office. Respective individuals and teams across Defence are encouraged to modify and tailor it to best support and address their needs regarding this transition.
- Recommended Public Health Measures and Personal Protective Equipment
- DM/CDS joint directive - DND/CAF COVID-19 public health measures and personal protection
- Mandatory course for all personnel: The COVID-19 Awareness Course is now available on the Defence Learning Network (DLN). To access the DLN please visit the appropriate site based on your connection:
- DWAN/DVPNI: http://dln-rad.mil.ca/login-lien/index-eng.jsp
- Home Internet: https://dln-rad.forces.gc.ca/login-lien/index-eng.jsp (User identification and password required.)
Once you have logged on, perform a ‘catalogue search’ for “COVID” and you will see the result “COVID-19 Awareness / Sensibilisation à COVID-19 MITE 122255”. Choose it and click register. The course should take between 60-90 minutes to complete.
Defence Team COVID-19 – Mental Health and Wellness
The outbreak of COVID-19 has resulted in a high degree of uncertainty and disruption to our lives, and it is not unusual to feel a heightened degree of anxiety and worry about the potential impact on yourself and your family. As we continue to navigate through this uncertain time, Defence Team members can access a variety of resources and information to help maintain and improve our mental health and overall personal well-being.
- Embracing Risk in Uncertain Times *NEW*
- 'The Torch'
- 'The Torch' is a Self-Development Learning Hub designed to reinforce continuous learning among CAF members. It is accessible on both the DWAN and internet. Save the link to your personal device for access anywhere / anytime.
- New information in the 'Upcoming Events' and 'Monthly Defence and Security Outlook' sections.
In case you missed it
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: