Defence Team News - November 10, 2020
Now on the Maple Leaf
Defence Team News – October 20, 2020
Messages for the Defence Team
- Security awareness - Let's talk social!
- Important notice to employees: New Phoenix Retro Redesign Automates Late Transaction Processing
- Phoenix compensation agreement for PSAC members
- Civilian Employees: Pay as of November 11
- A new capability for your Government of Canada issued mobile devices!
- Virtual Information Session for Newly Appointed Managers of Civilian Employees to DND
- Managers: Vacancy Management Exercise
- Nominate a colleague for a Deputy Minister Commendation Wellness Award
- Webinar series brought to you by the Total Health Management Team
- Reminder: Change in Net Pay Beginning in January
- Public Service Pay Centre Video: How Does a Leave of Absence Impact Your Pension?
National Defence Workplace Charitable Campaign
COVID-19 Fall Posture
- Update: “Other Leave with Pay” Code 699 *NEW*
- CDS/DM Directive for the Resumption of Sustained Activities in a COVID-19 Environment (Fall 2020 Posture)
- Your Ask Anything: COVID-19 questions answered: Remote Work & Reimbursement Support
- Recommended Public Health Measures and Personal Protective Equipment
- COVID Alert App – Do your part and download it today!
Web page resources
- Ask anything inbox - your questions answered!
- Resuming work
- Working remotely
- Supervisors' Communications Toolkit
- Look for the Virtual Interactions Etiquette and O365 Onboarding Guides here
- Return to the Workplace Orientation Template
Mandatory training for all personnel
- The COVID-19 Awareness Course – available on the Defence Learning Network (DLN)
- DWAN/DVPNI: http://dln-rad.mil.ca
- Home Internet: https://dln-rad.forces.gc.ca/login
Log in, search for "COVID", register for “COVID-19 Awareness / Sensibilisation à COVID-19 MITE 122255” (60- 90 minutes).
Mental health and Wellness
Defence Team members can access a variety of resources and information to help maintain and improve our mental health and overall personal well-being.
- From Risk to Resilience: AN EQUITY APPROACH to COVID-19 [PDF - 1.9MB]
The Canadian Military Journal – Autumn 2020
- Swarming, Expendable, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles as a Warfighting Capability
- Sacrificing Culture in the Name of Strategy: Why Militia Armouries Matter
- Australia's 2020 Defence Update: Lessons for Canada, and Snowbird Futures
- “Our Main Duty in Berlin Having Been Fulfilled”: The Canadian Berlin Battalion on Parade in the Fallen Capital, 21 July 1945
WiDS 2020-2021 Updates
- WiDS Scholarship and WiDS & CGAI Fellowship
WiDS is currently accepting applications for a $10,000 scholarship and a yearlong fellowship with the Canadian Global Affairs Institute (CGAI).
Weekly Defence Team Managers Network (DTMN) Virtual Coffee Chat
Join the weekly DTMN Virtual Coffee Chats happening every Thursday from 1330hrs-1500hrs EST. To join our Network please send an email to the DTMN Generic Inbox to ensure you don’t miss out!
- ‘The Torch’ is a Self-Development Learning Hub designed to reinforce continuous learning among CAF members.
New information in the ‘Upcoming Events' and ‘Monthly Defence and Security Outlook' https://cfc-ca.libguides.com/c.php?g=709488&p=5055085 sections.
It is accessible on both the DWAN and internet. Save the link to your personal device for access anywhere / anytime.
In case you missed it
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: