Defence Team News - October 27, 2020
Now on the Maple Leaf
Defence Team News – October 20, 2020
Messages for the Defence Team
- Deadline for Student / Casual / Term Extensions – 06 November 2020
- Managers: Information on Short-term Actings and Extensions
- Defence O365 — We’ve enabled video and voice chat on the DWAN!
- Women’s History Month Armchair discussion- You’re Invited!
- Halloween safety tips for the Defence Team
- ICCM is here to support you on International Conflict Resolution Day - and everyday
- Changes have been made to the DAOD Collection
- Civilian Employees: Knowing your position
- National Peer-to-Peer Mobile Application (OnCall App) (Accessible only on the National Defence network)
- Keep Your Relationship in Tip Top Shape
- Foster a safe and inclusive workplace using the Positive Space Program
Security and the Defence Team
- Cyber Security Awareness Month (CSAM)
- Cyber Security Awareness Month – Join the Cyber Security Awareness Team on MS Teams!
- ADM(IM) Intranet CSAM page (Accessible only on the National Defence network)
- CSAM Cyber Security Quiz (Accessible only on the National Defence network)
Canada’s Healthy Workplace Month
- Tips and resources for maintaining work-life balance in a pandemic
- Sign-up for a Virtual 1 Hour DND EAP/HC EAS Awareness Presentation! (Accessible only on the National Defence network.)
- Canada’s Healthy Workplace Month 2020 - A message from the Defence Team Mental Health Co-champions
- What’s happening at Defence for Canada’s Healthy Workplace Month
- National Defence Presents the Virtual Health and Wellness Fair 2020 – October 1 to October 31, 2020
- Submit your nominations for the Canada's Healthy Workplace Month Shout-Out Bulletin Board!
National Defence Workplace Charitable Campaign
COVID-19 Fall Posture
- CDS/DM Directive for the Resumption of Sustained Activities in a COVID-19 Environment (Fall 2020 Posture)
- Your Ask Anything: COVID-19 questions answered: Remote Work & Reimbursement Support
- Recommended Public Health Measures and Personal Protective Equipment
- COVID Alert App – Do your part and download it today!
Web page resources
- Ask anything inbox - your questions answered!
Mandatory training for all personnel
- The COVID-19 Awareness Course – available on the Defence Learning Network (DLN)
Mental health and Wellness
Defence Team members can access a variety of resources and information to help maintain and improve our mental health and overall personal well-being.
The Canadian Military Journal – Autumn 2020
- Listening to the Chief of the Defence Staff: The ‘Blurred’ Boundaries of Military and Defence Advice
- Barriers to Women in the Canadian Armed Forces
- The Big Four and Cyber Espionage: How China, Russia, Iran and North Korea Spy Online
- Swarming, Expendable, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles as a Warfighting Capability
- Sustaining Strong, Secure and Engaged Funding: What the COVID-19 Pandemic Means for Defence Funding
- Sacrificing Culture in the Name of Strategy: Why Militia Armouries Matter
- Australia’s 2020 Defence Update: Lessons for Canada, and Snowbird Futures
- “Our Main Duty in Berlin Having Been Fulfilled”: The Canadian Berlin Battalion on Parade in the Fallen Capital, 21 July 1945
WiDS 2020-2021 Updates
- Professional Development Workshop
WiDS will host a professional development workshop entitled ‘There Are NO Bad Decisions’. Date: November 10, 2020
- WiDS Scholarship and WiDS & CGAI Fellowship
WiDS is currently accepting applications for a $10,000 scholarship and a yearlong fellowship with the Canadian Global Affairs Institute (CGAI).
Weekly Defence Team Managers Network (DTMN) Virtual Coffee Chat
Join the weekly DTMN Virtual Coffee Chats happening every Thursday from 1330hrs-1500hrs EST. To join our Network please send an email to the DTMN Generic Inbox to ensure you don’t miss out!
Out topic this week is on Occupational Health and Safety.
Our experts will be:
- Jason Park, Director, General Safety (D Safe G)
‘The Torch’ is a Self-Development Learning Hub designed to reinforce continuous learning among CAF members.
In case you missed it
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: