A building sits in front of a lush mountain in Andorra.

Work and travel in

Choose another destination

A yellow building and glass building sit in front of green, tree covered hills in Andorra.

How to

Who can apply?

To work in Andorra through the Youth Mobility Agreement, you must:

  • be a Canadian citizen
  • be 18-30 years old (inclusive), and
  • have a valid Canadian passport

What type of work visa do I need?

You need to apply for a Working Holiday visa.

Do I need a formal job or internship offer?

No, you don’t need a job offer to apply for a Working Holiday visa.

How long can I stay and work?

You can stay and work in Andorra for up to 12 months.

A person on a ski lift in front of a snow covered mountain in Andorra.

Start your

About Andorra

Located in the Pyrenees Mountains between France and Spain, Andorra is a small country that is almost entirely mountains, forests, rivers, lakes and meadows. With over 60 mountain trails in Andorra, you can cross the entire country on foot without touching tarmac. Along the Gran Recorrido País trail there are 29 mountain refuges where you can spend the night surrounded by nature.

Andorra is the only country in the world that has Catalan as an official language. Because of its geographic location, Andorrans are also fluent in French and Spanish.

Ten percent of Andorra is declared World Heritage sites by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). Summer solstice fire festivals take place on St. John’s Eve (June 23) in various locations, a tradition that is included in UNESCO’s list of Intangible Cultural Heritage.

Andorra's economic activities are mostly centered on services, tourism and the financial sector. Tourism brings in about 8 million visitors per year.

Plan your trip

The best way to make sure your trip is the experience of a lifetime is to plan. Review our travel checklist to find out what you should know or do before travelling to and working in a foreign country.

Before you leave, remember to register as a Canadian abroad to receive notifications in case of an emergency while you are abroad or of a personal emergency at home. The service also enables you to receive important information before or during a natural disaster or civil unrest.

Recognized Organizations

Need help planning? One of IEC’s recognized organizations might be able to help you find a job, transportation, and provide travel advice.

Most recognized organizations charge a fee for their services.

Page details

Date modified: