Work and travel in France: International Experience Canada

What France offers

France’s tourism and cultural heritage is exceptional. It is a mosaic of landscapes, traditions and lifestyles. One of the world’s leading tourist destinations, with 35 United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) World Heritage sites, France offers wonderful historical and natural discoveries. France is well-known for its extraordinary cuisine and is on UNESCO’s list of Intangible Cultural Heritage.

France has the world’s fifth-largest economy, possessing a wealth of knowledge in many fields from handicrafts to high-tech, fashion, food and agriculture. Well-known French Companies include, Danone, Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Dior, Renault, Dassault and many others.

Working in France is an opportunity to discover a new environment, acquire new experience, and develop lasting connections between France and Canada.

Plan your trip

The best way to make sure your trip is the experience of a lifetime is to plan. Review our travel checklist to find out what you should know or do before travelling to and working in a foreign country.

Need help planning? One of IEC’s recognized organizations (ROs) might be able to help you find a job, transportation, and provide travel advice.

Most ROs charge a fee for their services.

More resources

Need more help planning? Contact a recognized organization.

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: