About My Service Canada Account
On this page:
- Services and information in My Service Canada Account (MSCA)
- Personal access code
- EI access code
- Related links
- Contact us
Services and information available within My Service Canada Account (MSCA)
- Check your Employment Insurance (EI) application status and messages (and sign up for email notifications)
- See your EI claim(s) (past and current)
- See your Record(s) of Employment submitted electronically by your employer (past and current)
- Apply for Canada Pension Plan (CPP) benefits, see your contributions, or get an estimate of your monthly benefits
- Change your federal tax deduction for CPP or Old Age Security (OAS)
- Give consent for someone to talk to CPP and/or OAS for you
- Delay receiving your OAS pension
- See your tax slips and a record of your payments for EI, CPP, and OAS
- Change your mailing address, phone number or direct deposit information for EI, CPP, and OAS
- Access Canada Revenue Agency’s My Account for Individuals
More on EI and CPP/OAS in MSCA
Personal access code
To register for MSCA, you will need a personal access code (PAC) from Service Canada. The PAC is a seven-character code that will keep your personal information secure and confidential (if you have an EI access code, you can use it instead).
To get a PAC:
- Apply online (it will arrive in the mail 5 to10 business days later)
- Apply at a Service Canada Centre or
- Apply by calling Service Canada at 1-800-277-9914 Monday to Friday between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm local time (you can also call this number to check the status of your PAC request or disable your PAC).
Make sure you keep your PAC private and save it to use again.
Employment Insurance access code
If you are receiving EI, you can use your EI access code instead of a personal access code to register for MSCA.
- Your EI access code is on the first Benefit Statement you receive in the mail after you apply for EI
- You’ll use it to complete your online EI reports every two weeks
- Service Canada will use it to confirm your identity the first time you use MSCA
Replace or change your EI access code
- call Service Canada weekdays between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. local time at 1-800-206-7218; or
- go to your nearest Service Canada Centre. We will ask you questions to confirm your identity before we give you a new EI access code
Living outside of Canada
You will receive an EI access code in the mail after applying for EI benefits.
Your code didn’t come in the mail
If you did not get your EI access code in the mail, call Service Canada at 1-800-206-7218 weekdays between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 pm local time. We will ask you questions to confirm your identity before we give you a new EI access code.
- Register for MSCA
- Log into MSCA
- About your MSCA credentials
- Protecting your MSCA personal information
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: