Tax information in My Service Canada Account
On this page
- Stay informed this tax season using the Canada Revenue Agency resources
- Tax information slips in My Service Canada Account
- Link between Service Canada and Canada Revenue Agency accounts
- Access tax slips through My Service Canada Account
- Online tax slips are available in February
- Amended tax slips
- Cannot access the Tax Information Slips online service
Stay informed this tax season using the Canada Revenue Agency resources
Preparing your income tax return online is a quick, easy and secure way to get your tax refund faster.
If you have received Employment Insurance (EI), Old Age Security (OAS) or Canada Pension Plan (CPP) payments this tax year, follow our 3-step process to get your income tax return started.
Step 1: Create or update your online profile
- If you haven’t registered for My Service Canada Account (MSCA), visit our MSCA web page to register now
- If you are already an MSCA user, sign in to ensure your personal information is up to date (including your mailing and direct deposit information)
- You can access your tax slips online, or contact us to request that a duplicate tax slip be mailed to you
Step 2: Get your tax slips online
- Starting February 1, sign in to MSCA to access your official EI, OAS or CPP tax slips
- If you haven’t already done so, while you are in MSCA, click on "Tax slip mailing options" to request to receive your tax slips online. If you choose to change your tax slip delivery to online between the first week of January and the last day of February, the change will not take effect until the following year. You can access your tax slips online, or contact us to request that a duplicate tax slip be mailed to you
Note: If you choose to receive your tax slips online, you will no longer receive the annual insert by mail.
Canada Pension Plan (CPP) disability beneficiaries:
The CPP disability insert provides updates about your responsibilities while receiving benefits and important information about programs, services and initiatives for persons with disabilities. To view the insert, visit Annual Canada Pension Plan disability (CPPD).
All other CPP and Old Age Security (OAS) beneficiaries:
The CPP and OAS insert provides updates about your responsibilities while receiving benefits and important information about programs, services and initiatives related to pensions. To view the insert, visit Annual Canada Pension Plan and Old Age Security.
Step 3: File your income tax electronically with the Canada Revenue Agency
- Visit CRA's Get Ready web page to file your tax return online
Tax information slips in My Service Canada Account
My Service Canada Account allows you to view and print copies of your T4E Employment Insurance (EI) and T4A/NR4 Canada Pension Plan (CPP) and Old Age Security (OAS) tax slips and credit slips. This service gives you access to your tax slips for the current year and the six previous years. You can submit these with your income tax return to the Canada Revenue Agency.
Accessing your tax information slips online is secure. Your information is protected with the same level of security used by banks for their online services.
If you are a registered trustee, guardian, or other legal representative taking care of someone else’s financial affairs, you do not have access to our tax slip online service. However, you can make transactions on their behalf by mail, by telephone or in person.
Not all CPP, OAS and EI tax slips are available online. You will receive a tax slip by mail in the following situations:
- you expect to receive an amended copy of your OAS tax slips. You can include the amended copy with your tax return when you file it with the Canada Revenue Agency
- you have received an OAS overpayment and expect to receive an OAS tax slip with a negative monetary amount
- your CPP payment consists of a CPP portion and a Régime de rentes du Québec portion
- you have a negative benefit amount: you received an overpayment amount greater than the year-to-date benefit amount paid during the tax year
- you live in Quebec and receive CPP benefits
- you have received overpayments from other government programs—for example, the Canada Revenue Agency or Veterans Affairs
Link between Service Canada and Canada Revenue Agency Accounts
From your My Service Canada Account, you can securely access your income tax and other benefit information by clicking on the Canada Revenue Agency "My Account" button. This will connect you to your Canada Revenue Agency account without having to login or revalidate your identity.
If you do not have an account with the Canada Revenue Agency, you do not need to register for one.
Access tax slips through My Service Canada Account
To access and print your tax slips online, you must:
- have received Employment Insurance, Old Age Security or Canada Pension Plan payments,
- have a My Service Canada Account, and
Online tax slips are available in February
If you have requested to receive your tax slips online, you will not be notified that they are available. You must go online each year at the beginning of February to view your tax slips.
If at any time you would prefer to receive a tax slip by mail, you can reactivate the mail option by logging in to My Service Canada Account and selecting the "Tax slip mailing options" link under the "View / Change" tab.
Amended tax slips
You can use My Service Canada Account to view amended versions of your EI and CPP tax slips if they have been changed since they were originally issued in January.
- Amended CPP tax slips will be available online 7 to 10 days after the amendment is processed
- Amended EI tax slips will be available online 4 to 6 weeks after the amendment is processed
Amended OAS tax slips are not accessible through the My Service Canada Account. Your amended OAS tax slips will be mailed to you, and you can submit the slips when you file your income tax return with the Canada Revenue Agency.
Cannot access the Tax Information Slips online service
If you experience technical difficulties, please contact us directly.
English telephone service: 1-800-206-7218
French telephone service: 1-800-808-6352
Canada Pension Plan (CPP) and Old Age Security (OAS)
English telephone service: 1-800-277-9914
French telephone service: 1-800-277-9915
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: