Tax information in My Service Canada Account (MSCA)

Tax information in My Service Canada Account (MSCA)

On this page

Tax information slips in MSCA

You can view and print copies of your T4E for Employment Insurance (EI) and your T4A/NR4 for Canada Pension Plan (CPP) and Old Age Security (OAS) in MSCA. To do so, register for MSCA and select Tax slips.

This service gives you access to your tax slips for the current year and the past 6 years. Submit them with your income tax return to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).

You can reactivate the mail option anytime by selecting Tax slip mailing options in MSCA. If you change your tax slip preference after the first week of January, the change will take effect the following year. Even if you receive mailed copies, you can still access your tax slips online

If you decide to receive your tax slips online, they will be available in MSCA on February 1. You will not be notified when they are available and will not receive your tax slip by mail.

Accessing your tax information slips online is secure. Your information is protected with the same level of security used by banks for their online services.

Amended tax slips

You can view amended versions of your EI and CPP tax slips in MSCA if they have been changed since they were originally issued.

  • Amended CPP tax slips will be available online 7 to 10 days after the amendment is processed
  • Amended EI tax slips will be available online 4 to 6 weeks after the amendment is processed

Amended OAS tax slips are not accessible in MSCA and will be mailed to you.

Not all tax slips are available online

You will receive a tax slip by mail if:

  • your OAS tax slip is amended
  • you received an overpayment and will have a tax slip with a negative amount
  • you received OAS or CPP benefits, resulting from one of our social security agreements with another country, and meet any of these conditions:
    • your CPP payment consists of both CPP and Régime de rentes du Québec
    • you have a negative benefit amount: you received an overpayment amount greater than the year-to-date benefit amount paid during the tax year
    • you live in Quebec and receive CPP benefits
    • you received an overpayment from another government program, for example the CRA or Veterans Affairs

People who cannot use the online tax slip services

You do not have access to online tax slip services if you are:

  • a registered trustee
  • a guardian
  • another legal representative taking care of a client’s financial affairs

You can complete transactions on the client’s behalf by mail, by telephone or in person.

Link between Service Canada and CRA accounts

If you have MSCA, you don’t have to register for an account with the CRA. You can securely access your income tax and other benefit information by selecting Access CRA in MSCA. This will connect you to your CRA account without having to login or revalidate your identity.

Technical difficulties with MSCA

If you have problems with the online service, please call us.


English: 1-800-206-7218
French: 1-800-808-6352


English: 1-800-277-9914
French: 1-800-277-9915

CRA resources

To file your income tax return online, visit CRA’s Get Ready web page.

Stay informed during tax season with these resources:

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: