Transcript - Meal planning
What's the secret to eating healthy, delicious meals?
Only 1/3 of Canadians plan meals.
Spend a few minutes a week planning healthy meals.
As a bonus, you'll save time and money.
How to plan meals in 5 easy steps:
- Check your fridge, freezer and cupboards for foods you have.
- Scan grocery flyers to find healthier foods on sale.
- Ask your family for meal ideas. Cover all four food groups.
- Write down your meal and snack ideas.
- Make a grocery list and go shopping.
2/3 of Canadians struggle with choosing healthier foods.
Here are three tips to make healthier choices easier when shopping:
- Fill your cart with healthy foods from the four food groups.
- Read the Nutrition Facts table.
- Use the % Daily Value to see if a food has a little or a lot of a nutrient.
Give meal planning a try. You might like it.
Healthy meals, happy family, happy you!
A message from Health Canada.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: