ARCHIVED - Diabetes Policy Review - Report of the Expert Panel
In order to support the Policy Review, the Expert Panel held consultations with a series of stakeholder groups and undertook a review of relevant documentation.
- "Historic stakeholders" or stakeholders who were involved with the original Canadian Diabetes Strategy (1999-2005), including: the Public Health Agency of Canada, the Canadian Institutes for Health Research, provincial/territorial governments, Canadian Diabetes Association, the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, the CNIB, and former Chair of the Diabetes Council of Canada.2
- Canadians living with diabetes;
- Provincial/territorial governments;
- Health professionals;
- Diabetes educators;
- Research-based pharmaceutical companies; and
- Health-related non-governmental organizations.
- Document review and environmental scan:
- Review of program documentation;
- International environmental scan of diabetes strategies and approaches; and
- Review of existing literature related to diabetes.
A full list of individuals consulted as part of the Policy Review and a bibliography are available in Appendices B and C, respectively. In addition, the Consultation Summary Report, Program Documentation Review Report and International Environmental Scan Report are available in Appendices D, E and F, respectively.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: